Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: (Discussion) New orb effect thread

Basic Member
    I'm still confused after looking at the dota 1 chart.

DK (who I assume is a ranged unit when in dragon form) should only benefit from Helm of Dominator according to this chart, but in a practice game both the life steal and the lightning procs worked when I had mael/mjol + dominator on him. It made a pretty sick combo.

Infact, helm of dominator worked with most items except for deso and diffusal blade from what I tested.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
    I'm still confused after looking at the dota 1 chart.

DK (who I assume is a ranged unit when in dragon form) should only benefit from Helm of Dominator according to this chart, but in a practice game both the life steal and the lightning procs worked when I had mael/mjol + dominator on him. It made a pretty sick combo.

Infact, helm of dominator worked with most items except for deso and diffusal blade from what I tested.
    Well, I already state DotA2 orb is different from DotA1, so when you're trying to compare it with DotA1 table, of course it'll be confusing since it's DIFFERENT.

Mael/Mjol count as orb ONLY when it fires, and it overrides every orb on that attack, on other attacks you'll benefit from whatever other orb you have.

When you tested with Deso/Diffusal, I take it you drop Domi, make either of those two, then pick it up again?

If so, here's a quote from me, again:
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    After that the game actually go with FIRST OBTAINED orb, regardless of what you get afterward.
    When you drop Domi (the only orb you had at the time), then pick up something else (thus it becoming your new 'first orb'), repicking Domi again make it an orb obtained later so it's ignored.

Although since I haven't logged in for a few weeks, and still can't for a few more, if Valve did change something and you can prove it, I'll gladly edit the first post to reflect your results.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
    It would. Their are only three other non-lifesteal orb items in the game, Skadi, Orb of Venom, and Mjol/Mael. It works with Mjol (as stated) and with Skadi (as stated), so the only other (which I haven't tested) would be Orb of Venom.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    It would. Their are only three other non-lifesteal orb items in the game, Skadi, Orb of Venom, and Mjol/Mael. It works with Mjol (as stated) and with Skadi (as stated), so the only other (which I haven't tested) would be Orb of Venom.
    .- . sadly, OoV is currently considered an actual Orb instead of previously buff-placer, so it won't work with lifesteal (until you upgrade it to Skadi)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Dont you guys think Valve at least should have made a table for the new orbs and buff-placers.

The skill interaction for orbs is important..

One question is broodmother's Incapacitating Bite. This is already an orb effect. So if you purchase mask of death. the lifesteal doesn't work until you purchase Vladimir, right?!
    Then what happens if you go for mjolnir. It will never be triggered?

If you actually read the thread, you would know that Mjollnir overwrites every other orb when it procs.

So you are referring..
    'First of all, any chance-to-proc(Mael/Mjol) or orb with cooldown (Weaver's Germinate) take priority when it proc, ignoring any/all orb on that particular attack.'

But I'm asking if it works with passive orbs such as incapatating bite. (and also with possible mask of death)

Sorry if I couldnt clarify myself.

Quote Originally Posted by can2turbo View Post
    But I'm asking if it works with passive orbs such as incapatating bite. (and also with possible mask of death)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    If you actually read the thread, you would know that Mjollnir overwrites every other orb when it procs.
    (emphasis mine). Doesn't matter which orbs. Although I am curious whether Mjollnir or Geminate Attack would take priority. Everything else would be overridden by either of those two.

So the tooltip for Skadi says it's a unique attack modifier for melee heroes, and only a buff placer for ranged heroes (useless to know it's a buff placer since it has no limiting effect on your other items)... guess the tooltip is wrong since you can use Skadi with everything.

Dunno why OoV is a unique attack modifier...
    Last edited by Luffydude; 01-14-2012 at 07:17 AM.

It' not dota 1. We should be able to have all those mechanics limitations eliminated.