Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: (Discussion) New orb effect thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It' not dota 1. We should be able to have all those mechanics limitations eliminated.
    It would've been possible to make all orbs stack in Dota1 just by triggering their effects, as was done with Sange when it was considered too weak to be a real orb. Orb effects have gone from being a limitation of the engine to a balancing factor of items, making them all stack completely would have repercussions on item builds. It'd be like removing the mechanics limitation of orbwalking or animation canceling or only autoattacks causing creeps to aggro, all things that could've been changed in Dota1 if it was deemed beneficial to the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    It would've been possible to make all orbs stack in Dota1 just by triggering their effects, as was done with Sange when it was considered too weak to be a real orb. Orb effects have gone from being a limitation of the engine to a balancing factor of items, making them all stack completely would have repercussions on item builds. It'd be like removing the mechanics limitation of orbwalking or animation canceling or only autoattacks causing creeps to aggro, all things that could've been changed in Dota1 if it was deemed beneficial to the game.
    Still, there should be some simplification of what overrides what and the manner in which they stack.
    There could also be better graphical indicators of which orb is active and which buff placer is active so that things are clear.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okrane View Post
    Still, there should be some simplification of what overrides what and the manner in which they stack.
    There could also be better graphical indicators of which orb is active and which buff placer is active so that things are clear.
    Are you referring to DotA1 or 2 with this comment?

The current system is pretty damn simple already (chance/timer proc > permanent one and hero's ability > item)

As for the graphic indicator, they'll probably do something about it, maybe they're figuring out what's the best way to represent each effects (like how they changed magic immunity to the golden spiral we see).
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

I like how orbs work currently. I even like the fact the fact that maelstrom/mjollnir stack multiplicatively because it's hilarious. But that doesn't mean it's not subject to change or even subject to be returned entirely to how it worked in DotA if it proves problematic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Are you referring to DotA1 or 2 with this comment?

The current system is pretty damn simple already (chance/timer proc > permanent one and hero's ability > item)

As for the graphic indicator, they'll probably do something about it, maybe they're figuring out what's the best way to represent each effects (like how they changed magic immunity to the golden spiral we see).
    Hmm, not really tho.
    how about the whole Lifesteal + Skadi thing? I personally don't get it still.

Changes are good, except huge nerf for Clinkz....

Can someone write a guide to the new system? I'm not getting it, really.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7_ShininGAngel View Post
    Can someone write a guide to the new system? I'm not getting it, really.
    2 Basic rules:
    Chance/CD to proc orb override non-proc orbs when it proc, doesn't do anything otherwise.
    Hero orb > item orb.

EDIT: Done, I think.
    Last edited by RoflCat; 02-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.

Nice thread, you could add other attack effects, just to have all the info gathered.

For example, Naix's feast is now added to your damage, and cleaves/crits/lifesteals, just like Viper works in both games.

Also, MKB true strike works against everything now (buildings, etc) but that probably is outside the purpose of this thread.

Basic Member
    Which effects do you want me to test?
    (Also, after seeing your other thread I went and re-did a bit of testing, some of the bash results have changed so I edited the OP to reflect them...particularly that Slardar/Void's bashes no longer proc on siege units or towers)

EDIT: Can't make private lobby atm, leave anything you want me to test here and I'll get to it when I've got free time between murdering bots.
    Last edited by RoflCat; 03-03-2012 at 05:58 AM.

To: