Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wager System

Basic Member

Wager System

I do not know whether I am posting this in the right section, but I recently had an idea. We could have Wager matches. How do Wager Matches work? I thought that there should be sub-types. I think an example would be better:

Let's say 10 people have chosen to play a Wager match and they have decided that the item they are going to wager on is Common. (You should be able to select before you search games, just like choosing All Pick or Single Draft. Now, after they pick their heroes, everybody chooses a Common item from their inventory. When the game is finished and one of the sides is defeated, the winning team gets the items the other team chose before the game begun. So, in the end, everybody gets his/her original item + an item from the losing team. The same applies for Uncommon, Rare, Mythical or etc. items. What do you guys think about this?

Basic Member
    Would divide the matchmaking pool drastically.

Nothing against the suggestion but maybe not at this point.

Im against this sugestion, dota is not a betting game. You can do this with your friends but there should not be a system in game that helps you do that.

Basic Member
    Why not, how would it be not fun?

+1, but i think they should wait till game's release, and we have a bigger playerbase.

Meh I really don't think it would be a fun mode and it would divide MM to much.

Banned
    Actually I like this idea. I for one will probably not participate, but people with teams will. The fact that there are stakes involved will make the game that much more exciting.

Basic Member
    i like this idea, because when there is a BET, people will play more sirious and wont risk to lose

+1 I LOVE IT.

Wagering in a game you play may be troublesome.
    I have a better idea - wagering as a spectator. There can be special matches in live section that accept 'bets', and during start of it you can bet on either team. It will show how many people bet on each team, and winning can be proportional to that(50 bets on radiant, and 100 on dire? Well, if radiant wins, aside from your bet you get 2 items instead of 1!) Then it's same as you proposed - if the team you chose wins, you get more items.