Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Suggestion] Add a keyboard shortcut to sell items.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrateTurk View Post
    Shift works just fine. Control would work just fine too. This is a very specific action carried out in a very specific area of the screen, and you needn't be concerned.
    Shift + move bottom right -> sells item accidentally
    Ctrl+ move bottom right -> sells item accidentally.

If people have problems with accidentally right clicking minimap, they will have problems with shift and control too.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybos View Post
    You don't sell items during a team fight. You're counter arguing by using different scenarios. Stop drawing at straws. If you're in base/side shop, you're not in a fight. The few miliseconds extra it takes to right-click/sell instead of shift click sell will be negligible. What WON'T be negligible are the countless threads we'll see when people start opening threads about how they accidentally sold an item because they were holding down shift and miss-clicked and now their game was ruined because of the quick sell shortcut that wasn't even necessary to introduce.

I don't play many other MOBAs, but I don't recall any other games of this nature having any intricate selling methods other than right-click/sell or just dragging the item to a shop.
    First of all you don't have to be in a "team fight"; you could be in the side shop, about to die. Don't try to tell me what time is and isn't negligible.

If retards sell their items by accident they deserve to lose. Or maybe it could be enabled in the options to prevent noobs from accidentally doing it?

Secondly, the option is there in HoN and it works very well thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    Shift + move bottom right -> sells item accidentally
    Ctrl+ move bottom right -> sells item accidentally.

If people have problems with accidentally right clicking minimap, they will have problems with shift and control too.
    People accidentally misclick the minimap because it happens to be on the same diagonal that the radiant and dire bases are on. So if you are dire and pushing or radiant and escaping, you can find yourself clicking near the area above the minimap.

This will not be the case from the bottom right of the screen. I very occasionally scrub it up and click the minimap by accident, but I can safely say in 1000 games I have never once clicked my items by accident.

People accidentally misclick the minimap because it happens to be on the same diagonal that the radiant and dire bases are on. So if you are dire and pushing or radiant and escaping, you can find yourself clicking near the area above the minimap.

This will not be the case from the bottom right of the screen. I very occasionally scrub it up and click the minimap by accident, but I can safely say in 1000 games I have never once clicked my items by accident.
    You're saying it as if no one ever moves from top left to bottom right EVER in a game in dota history. People also don't realise a click of an item when moving because right clicking an item does nothing besides bring up a menu.

Basic Member
    First of all you don't have to be in a "team fight"; you could be in the side shop, about to die. Don't try to tell me what time is and isn't negligible.

If retards sell their items by accident they deserve to lose. Or maybe it could be enabled in the options to prevent noobs from accidentally doing it?

Secondly, the option is there in HoN and it works very well thanks.
    By your own terrible and insulting logic... if "retards" can't right click the item and press sell before they die at a side shop because they're not using map awareness and don't see that it's bad time to be shopping , they deserve to lose.

Overall, I haven't heard a really good reason to need this feature implemented. You can ONLY sell items at the shop, so regardless of how you do it, you have to pay attention to what's going on. If you get killed right clicking the item or shift clicking the item, you're still dead and you still didn't pay attention.

P.S. this isn't HoN, it's DOTA, if you like HoN, play it. Same as everyone trying to keep from making DOTA 2 like LoL, we also don't want to make a mirror copy of HoN.

Basic Member
    Another good idea from HoN that could solve this is to add a trash can icon that popups above the item box after u start to drag an item, so if u drag ur item there u sell it. Also a disassembly icon would be great to eliminate this right click menu that is just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by pabviana View Post
    Another good idea from HoN that could solve this is to add a trash can icon that popups above the item box after u start to drag an item, so if u drag ur item there u sell it. Also a disassembly icon would be great to eliminate this right click menu that is just awful.
    Disassemble is fine because if you have a universal icon to disassemble people will start complaining when 2 items able to be disassembled will drop out of your inventory when you specifically only wanted 1. You also don't disassemble as much as you sell but who the hell drags items from inventory to npc when they'r selling.