Thread: [Fixed] In-field item combination bug

[Fixed] In-field item combination bug

I noticed a bug that allowed me to combine items in the field using items that were in my stash.

Summary:

Items on the courier and items in the stash can be combined at the hero's location, given that the hero building the item has a full inventory and the combination of items results in a completed item. This process requires the use of the courier, but the courier does not need to have all of the items to complete the item on it. Example: A courier with a "Point Booster" can create a full "Aganhim's Scepter" in the field (not in the fountain) as long as the stash for that hero has the "Ogre Axe", "Staff of Wizardry", and "Blades of Alacrity" items in their stash. I was able to reproduce the bug in a bot game after having it happen at the end of a matchmaking game. I then reproduced the bug in a separate bot game with a different hero to see if it was something specific with that particular hero. I did this again with a different hero on a different side as well.

Repro steps:

1) Start a game with Spirit Breaker ( although I suspect any hero will work, bloodseeker and broodmother worked as well ).
    2) Buy a courier and a flying courier.
    3) Fill spirit breaker's inventory with 6 iron branches (note that any full inventory will do from my experimentation).
    4) Leave the fountain. Send the Courier to the Secret Shop with "w".
    5) Have the courier buy a "Point Booster" at the secret shop. Make sure that it is in the courier's inventory.
    6) With your hero not in the fountain, buy the following three items: Ogre Axe, Staff of Wizardry, Blades of Alacrity. You should now see them in your stash.
    7) Have the courier deliver the "Point Booster" item to your Spirit Breaker using the "F" hotkey. (Who should not be in the fountain).

Result:
    Upon delivery, the courier will not put the item in your inventory ( as it is full ), however, all the items in your stash will disappear and the noise for combining an item will occur. The courier's inventory now has the completed scepter, using the parts from your stash.
    The courier will attempt to return to the fountain, but if you tell it to come back and deliver the item after dropping or selling one of your branches you can get the item.

Expected Result:
    The item is not created on the courier. The courier returns to base after attempting to service an full inventory, taking the point booster in tow.

I've actually prepro'd this a bunch while writing this. Hopefully it has not be reported already, I tried to scan the first few pages for any sort of repeat.

Weird bug, but I don't understand when would this happen, why would you order your courier to send you something if your inventory is full its gonna fail anyway...

Basic Member
    ^ yea but what he says that if it fails - the items on courier get combined with items in stash and appear on courier.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Still bugged, have replay to confirm.

dota2://matchid=96295630&matchtime=2063

I send the courier to deliver an Eaglesong to myself (Lina) with a full inventory, while I have Ghost Scepter in my stash. The delivery fails and the item combines on the courier while no-where near either fountain. I redeliver the item after dropping a TP Scroll and have my completed Ethereal Blade, without needing to access my stash.

Basic Member

[Duplicate] Item Completion Bug

Today I tried to finish a Shadow Blade. I had one part on the courier (the Claymore) and one part on my stash (the Shadow Amulett). The courier tried to deliver the Claymore but couldn't since I had a full inventory. The moment it turned away my Shadow Blade suddenly got completed right there, on the courier. Is that a known bug?

Match ID: 135021804
    Time: Around 16 minutes, Shadow Fiend, Bot lane.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiofall View Post
    Today I tried to finish a Shadow Blade. I had one part on the courier (the Claymore) and one part on my stash (the Shadow Amulett). The courier tried to deliver the Claymore but couldn't since I had a full inventory. The moment it turned away my Shadow Blade suddenly got completed right there, on the courier. Is that a known bug?

Match ID: 135021804
    Time: Around 16 minutes, Shadow Fiend, Bot lane.
    it's a known bug

Basic Member

Able to complete item in lane, with some items still in stash

Hello.
    I was playing a game just before, and I had this bug. I was luckily streaming at the time, so you can go see it in action at the link below.

Here's a link to the stream, with a timestamp put just before the bug occurs.
    http://www.twitch.tv/evilbits/b/468541376 at around 9:32
    Excuse the language in the video, I was tired and they were being rude.

Summary:
    I was getting courier to send me my brown boots + Belt of Giant Strength. 10 seconds before courier arrives, I buy the Gloves of Haste, but these are obviously back at base, with the courier in lane next to me. However instead of delivering the items, the courier instead finishes my Power Threads (with the Gloves of Haste that was still in the stash).

Repro Steps:
    No clue really. Maybe something to do with courier delivering to me with full inventory?

Result:
    The item got completed, even though some items where still in base, and therefore far out of the couriers range.

Expected Result:
    Boots shouldn't have been completed, and I should instead have been transferred the brown boots + Belt.
    Last edited by Evilbits; 10-08-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Match ID is 338199810, at about 6:25 on in-game clock (I've not checked replay yet).

Uh, I guess this is known bug Low 123.
    Last edited by Fizz; 10-09-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)

Basic Member
    Because there is no Video yet showing the bug, here you go:

Match on Dotabuff (with MatchID):
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/485909913

And added to the bug description:
    Your stash doesnt need to be full, the courier needs to have more items to deliver, than there is room in your inventory.

Greetings
    hamu
    Last edited by CvP; 01-26-2014 at 05:50 PM.