Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mouse cursor looks strange after the Game

Basic Member

Mouse cursor looks strange after the Game

Greetings,
    My Problem isnt that easy to describe, after 1 Game of Dota2 my Mouse Cursor looks totally fucked up. it has a long white stripe on the right side and some white stripes are through the cursor. I cant screenshot it, because you dont see mouse cursors on Screenshots.
    The interesting point is, that if I stream via X-Split I see my Cursor totally normal in the xsplit window. It doesnt really harm me but it would be nice if you can fix it.

Deevo

Do you have an AMD/ATI card?

this maybe be unrelated, but i have also noticed my cursor turning into strange objects at certain times. most of the times it turns into a black comb-like object. it only lasts about a minute, and i think it goes away after casting a spell. anyone else have this problem?

I have this exact same problem and it persists after dota 2 is closed until i restart my computer. My card is a radeon HD 6850.

If your cursor looks similar to this it might be an issue with ATI/AMD drivers. You can try to update them, but afaik it's a known problem and hasn't been fixed for awhile.

thx bogdan. its exactly that in my case.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryle View Post
    I have this exact same problem and it persists after dota 2 is closed until i restart my computer. My card is a radeon HD 6850.
    Yep same Card. and its Cursor nr. 1 . So its a Problem of my Graphic Card not of Dota 2?

It's most likely a driver bug. You can check this thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...rsor-distorted, they claim ATI/AMD knows about this and this issue is known since 2003 (http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtop...?f=16&t=719042). I had the same problem on my old HD4850 and I have it on my new HD6950. I don't know any fixes but the cursor usually returns to normal after a few minutes.

Basic Member
    Confirmed on Xfx 5770, got it for the first time today after 450 hours of play time!

Had the same issue in Heroes of Newerth too, so it's isn't a developer mistake as mentioned above.
    The issue disappears if I move my mouse to the 2 other monitors in my setup, but as soon as I'm back on my main screen it's back again. (Main screen is connected with HDMI, the others are dvid.)

Sorry for repeating the same thing in the thread but I thought it could help with further confirmation.

Basic Member
    Ati Radeon 5750 Here,the same problem,and i hate it!!!!