Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game crashing when clicking the main menue button

Basic Member

[BUG] Clicking the menu button freezes the game

Clicking the menu button before all players finished loading freezes the game and the user is forced to end-task dota.

UPDATE:
    clicking VIEW DOTA PROFILE then switching back and forth between the hero picker and menus doesn't crash it. not sure if it is related or a coincidence.
    Last edited by The Nomad; 07-30-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Basic Member
    I confirm this, had to end the process via task manager.

I have this exact same problem. I'd say it probably happens 20% of the time I click the menu button. But this happens to me while I am searching for a game and simultaneously spectating a match. Then I click the menu button and it freezes and have to close via task manager. I have not tried it during the loading phase. This started happening a few days ago, maybe 7/19/12 or somewhere around there.

Try turning off embers. Add dota_embers 0 to your autoexec.cfg

Info on cfg files: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=5570

Don't let it overwhelm you. Just look for the part about creating/placing an autoexec file.

Basic Member
    What is the embers option for ?

[Unconfirmed] Lockup during pre-game

So far I've managed 100% reproduction (that is to say it's happened twice so far, and broke both times) for this bug, although I'm not sure what the actual cause is. During the pre-game while waiting for other players to load I've clicked on the up arrow button (not sure what to call it, it doesn't say anything on mouseover) and the client has completely frozen. I have to go to my task manager to kill the process, otherwise it will just hang for forever. Looking back, I recall both times I had gotten the message that players had joined when I clicked the button, but I don't know if that actually had any impact on the lockup or not. I'm almost positive that in both cases there were still players remaining that hadn't finished loading.

Was able to do this again today. I was moving my inventory around when the game loaded, so I had an item that I was dragging to a different page when the game loaded. I clicked the arrow to go back to rearranging when the game loaded and it locked up. There were two people that the chat log had said entered the game when it happened. I've tried twice to repro since then but have been unsuccessful.

Just repro'd again, but wasn't doing anything before the game loaded. Just clicked the arrow after the game loaded and locked up.

Basic Member
    More or less the same problem here. I got internet problems in their way to get resolved and sometimes I get disconnected. But I only need to restart my router, so I can reconnect fast (and the 3 times it happened we won the game), before the 5 minutes, so I'm not a leaver. But when I finish the game, when all the items are looted and I click on Close, the Reconnecting screen displays again. I click on Reconnect and no matter what I do, I always need to Abandon to close the game. So here I am, with 3 abandons, and the most funny thing is that 3 games were wins... now Im in the low priority from... 22 days 35 hours!!!! that's insane!!!!

Basic Member
    I also have this problem occasionally.