Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Double tapping blink dagger not working near fountain

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Double tapping blink dagger not working near fountain

Summary: If you double tap blink dagger near your fountain it won't work.

Repro Steps: On a practice match pick any hero and get a blink dagger, stay near your fountain and double tap it for a self cast.

Result: Nothing happens.

Expected result: It should teleport you to your fountain.

I'm not sure wether I got your point? Are you talking about 50-100 range?

Unfortunally playdota.com does not provides more detailed information other than:
    "Targeting an item in your inventory will blink you in the direction of that item's pick-up location."
    If this means the fountain this is not bugged.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    I'm not sure wether I got your point? Are you talking about 50-100 range?

Unfortunally playdota.com does not provides more detailed information other than:
    "Targeting an item in your inventory will blink you in the direction of that item's pick-up location."
    If this means the fountain this is not bugged.
    Stay about 600~1000 units far from the fountain and try to double tap the blink dagger, it won't work.

Basic Member
    It doesn't say so on the item, but Blink has a minimum range of 200. This was true in WC3 Dota, as far as I know, but I can't load it to test right now.

I just tested with Anti-Mage and a Blink Dagger though, and it looks like the minimum range went away for both skill and item. Not sure if that is a bug or a fix......

However you are right. Anywhere in the fountain area and you can't double-tap to get back to that tile right next to the fountain. Clearly beyond the 200 range minimum. Hopefully a mod looks into this.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaron9 View Post
    It doesn't say so on the item, but Blink has a minimum range of 200. This was true in WC3 Dota, as far as I know, but I can't load it to test right now.

I just tested with Anti-Mage and a Blink Dagger though, and it looks like the minimum range went away for both skill and item. Not sure if that is a bug or a fix......

However you are right. Anywhere in the fountain area and you can't double-tap to get back to that tile right next to the fountain. Clearly beyond the 200 range minimum. Hopefully a mod looks into this.
    That's right Zaron, you can't double tap the blink anyone in the fountain area. What you mean by AM's blink? I can't double tap his blink skill at all. (Which I thought it was weird, I think it should be double tapable...)

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

This is working as intended . The dagger should bring you to the spawn area, not exactly in front of the fountain. Who the hell tagged this as confirmed?

What is the current range from the edge of the fountain area where it fails to work?
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzKat View Post
    This is working as intended . The dagger should bring you to the spawn area, not exactly in front of the fountain.
    I got teleported to the fountain's doorstep.

Try this when you are on the dire side. I didn't try it on the radiant but i was in a co-op game and i double-tapped my dagger. I was on the dire side. I got teleported to my fountain.

well I guess the dagger should only bring you to the spawn area where the heal / regen starts (it gets disabled if you are in healing range of the fountain)