Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [3ds Max] Importing weapon into game puts it in wrong coordinates

Here is something I want to know. When I import the .fbx file which I got from requirements page, all the bones turn out to be dummy. I imported the weapon fbx file with default settings. Do I attach my weapon to this dummy skeleton? Or am I doing everything wrong?
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks

I just solved the dummy problem. Had to change the import settings. Will update as I make progress.

@Furmpl: Done. I have successfully imported my model into the game I used the .fxb from resources page. But I would like to know what needs to be done if I were using .smd, as most heroes are still not available in .fxb format.

But the weapon is completely missing all textures. Any idea that you can give about texturing? I completely do not understand how _mask1 and _mask2 works or how to just set it to default, so that the Dota 2 Devs can set the correct values.

Since the problem was solved and isn't a bug or suggestion, you should check out these forum threads for more help. There's a lot more users and the threads are more active. You should be able to find the info you are looking for there.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100016
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1187703

Tried the stuff myself, exporting to smd gives same error. Exporting to fbx worked almost perfectly The hook is properly attached it moves with the model, its in proper place in hand but its rotated by 180 degrease by 2 axis. Did i messed up something with pivot?

As for the textures they work fin for me, just apply uvw unwrap modifier, make your seams and unwrap. Do textures in ****_color.tga and just make 3 more copies of that with different names (nor,as, mask1, mas2) that will be enough for testing (don't submit them like that). Then do some research on how to properly do normals and mask and replace those files as you create proper ones.

Hope this can explain better )
    Last edited by Panter_d17; 08-15-2012 at 04:30 AM.

@Frumpl: I did post on polycount.com for help, but no one responded. So came here to see if I can get people to respond.

@Panter_d17: When I do as you have suggested, my model looks completely black. So I am not sure if my textures are getting imported or not.

Managed to do it. Repositioned blade, use x form and collapsed it. It worked after that so hope it will help someone else with similar problem.

Thanks Frumpl and DeathCult for help

Basic Member

Help me

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCult View Post
    @Furmpl: Done. I have successfully imported my model into the game I used the .fxb from resources page. But I would like to know what needs to be done if I were using .smd, as most heroes are still not available in .fxb format.

But the weapon is completely missing all textures. Any idea that you can give about texturing? I completely do not understand how _mask1 and _mask2 works or how to just set it to default, so that the Dota 2 Devs can set the correct values.
    I have a similar probleme,
    My weapon make the movement of the hand but it is not placed in hands why?
    help me please

Position it over original model, use x force, collapse, and export

Basic Member
    I am running into this problem now also When the workshop updated did it change anything?

My weapon am hoping it wasn't just me doing something wrong or missing a step on getting my weapon in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/HUIuCEl.jpg

<the weapon is sized right> so import the SMD, I line up my model over the original weapon placement, Xform it, <change the pivot>, Skin/add the bone, collapse, export the model and weapon_root together? is this correct or am I wrong?

thanks for any help