Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't purchase any items from store!

Basic Member
    Bump..

Want to buy tournament access but still cannot buy it. Since mid of this week.

Basic Member
    Same , cant even buy an item .

Basic Member
    Today is still error. Is it steam problem or store bug? anybody has succeed on buying this week?

================================================== =====================

EDIT : I've succeeded to buy. For me, it seems that because I'm currently outside of my country, where I usually buy steam item.
    So steam actually checks your IP address to match your "usual" country IP address. If there is no match, steam will return error.
    There are some discussion in steam forum that explain this, for example check this post

Error generated if you buy trough steam website are :
    "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."
    And from dota2 store would be something like :
    "Failed to initiate transaction due to an internal server error. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support if the issue persists."
    Last edited by spyoff; 10-21-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Basic Member
    ^ I still dont understand how it works on dota 2 store.
    I'm from Malaysia. So can you help me with this ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klagger View Post
    ^ I still dont understand how it works on dota 2 store.
    I'm from Malaysia. So can you help me with this ?
    I think steam log your IP address when you're making purchase or fill your wallet. The problem persists when I'm going out of my country.
    Sometimes, the other problem raised due to wrong IP database in steam. You should've remember from where your first purchase being made. Usually it became your country ip address logging in steam.

Just try to buy with ip address similar with your first purchase in steam ^^

Currently, I'm in malaysia, my home country is Indonesia. When I purchase, I need to access my server in indonesia and tunnel the connection through there. That's how my case closed

Quote Originally Posted by spyoff View Post
    I think steam log your IP address when you're making purchase or fill your wallet. The problem persists when I'm going out of my country.
    Sometimes, the other problem raised due to wrong IP database in steam. You should've remember from where your first purchase being made. Usually it became your country ip address logging in steam.

Just try to buy with ip address similar with your first purchase in steam ^^

Currently, I'm in malaysia, my home country is Indonesia. When I purchase, I need to access my server in indonesia and tunnel the connection through there. That's how my case closed
    Hi I have quite the same case as you.. I'm from malaysia, i made my first purchase in indonesia, with a malaysian card, and now im in malaysia and it doesnt work.... how do you tunnel your connection through there??

Basic Member
    i cant buy too. freeze the game

Basic Member
    actually it unfreeze when i press esc. that means i cant see any thing appears after i press buy button. its invincible.
    guess i need some dust.