Thread: can i change the music of the game?

Basic Member

can i change the music of the game?

hello
    I want to listen to music while playing but my comp is bad so i cant. thus my question: can i play music directly in game, with steam, or change the music in dota
    thx

Basic Member
    anyone???????

Basic Member
    ctrl shift, open youtube, ur playlist

I am not really sure why you want to change them (they are awesome) or is it even possible.

But if it is possible, you need to open those .vpk files that are located in dota 2 beta/dota folder. In those files you should find all the music that plays in-game. There are programs that are able to open them, but I have no idea are they capable of modifying data in them.

Please note that modifying the game files could be prohibited, and might result in ban (or something)

Quote Originally Posted by pis.duda View Post
    hello
    I want to listen to music while playing but my comp is bad so i cant. thus my question: can i play music directly in game, with steam, or change the music in dota
    thx
    There are low-resource music players. You could try different ones and see which one doesn't hit your performance.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spektor View Post
    There are low-resource music players. You could try different ones and see which one doesn't hit your performance.
    for example foobar2000