Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic items are invisible, strange items won't count on.

Seems to be if you die around the 23 minute mark you come back with no items.
    Would be interesting to test if it really is connected to dying. Sadly none of teh heroes I usually play have cosmetics ready yet so I can't. Tho... I wonder if it does trigger in private lobbies?
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Basic Member
    just had a game w gondar w 20 kills but my strange item disappeared and recorded only 8 kills

People who experience this: Please watch your replays, and try to spot when do the cosmetic items disappear, and post here the details. What time, what heppened when they disappeared etc.

Maybe we can find a pattern.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

I have no idea why this thread was closed, but since this is the largest thread on the issue that is also the most up to date, I'll reopen it.
    If the mod that closed this thread - presuming it wasn't me that accidentally closed it in a closing spree - had a reason to do, please do let me know why it was closed, so that I won't re-re-open it again when it is closed again in the future.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

I can say there are two "triggers" for the bug.

1) Gondar goin invis
    2) Hero died

I encountered both cases in ~10games and it was always the same scheme. Sometimes the items will come back when your hero dies again. In case of gondar, his items will disappear almost everytime when he goes invis.

<---- Same observation as testnewbie

Basic Member
    i think its only with "new models/items"

(new did not mean last patch, but all that are not standard)

heroes with standard models do not have the bug. just new equip from (work)shop disappears. how "nacked" the hero is is equal to the number of custom items he has.

so if a hero has a custom head like void, it disappears full and he is headless. also happens to gauntlets.
    Last edited by prinzxx89; 08-18-2012 at 10:07 AM.

I just had a game where the Forgemaster set on Axe disappeared, which was one of the first bundles he got. So this issue is not exclusive to items introduced in the latest patch.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

I can confirm that in few of my games death of hero triggered loss of cosmetic items and/or parts of body.
    None of this is real.

Yeh itīs not just with the new items. I just have "old" items and they disappear.