Thread: [Confirmed] Battle Hunger, Magic Immunity, and Restoratives

[Confirmed] Battle Hunger, Magic Immunity, and Restoratives

I just played a game where battle hunger was a bit strange and I don't have time to test it's interaction in WC3. What I witnessed was pretty straightforward and is as follows. I was Lifestealer and Axe used Battle Hunger on me. I then used Rage and tried to use a healing salve within the rage duration in order to get health back. It got cancelled even though I was taking no damage from Battle Hunger.

This issue is that restoratives are being removed by the ticks of battle hunger within magic immunity. I can confirm this is a bug however, since battle hunger is magical damage and was not dealing any damage to me yet the game registered the ticks of damage to be enough to remove restoratives. This also disables blink dagger, which is a bug as well.

Match ID 33379209 at 7 minutes 50 seconds
    Last edited by Rice; 08-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Venomancer's gale isn't removed by magic immunity as well so I don't think #1 is a bug

#2 does look like a bug since salve is canceled by damage and if you don't take damage it shouldn't get canceled

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    Magic immunity shouldn't dispel battle hunger, its 100%. About 2nd, it's a bug.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    what about dagger cooldown?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Possibly related http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37266

It seems that when immune and you take some incoming magic damage it still counts as a damage instance despite not actually doing any damage. This issue also seems to affect rupture.

Edit: I haven't gone back to test my original bug since I originally posted it so I'm not sure if it is fixed.

Edited to be clear

Would be nice if it could be stickied

Basic Member
    ugh it's not about dispelling it, its about cancelling consumables/blinks while you are not taking any damage from it, like with refraction or with magic immunity etc..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    Possibly related http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37266

It seems that when immune and you take some incoming magic damage it still counts as a damage instance despite not actually doing any damage. This issue also seems to affect rupture.

Edit: I haven't gone back to test my original bug since I originally posted it so I'm not sure if it is fixed.
    It seems to be inconsistent depending on what the spell is.

For example, I tested the case with Skywrath Mage and Juggernaut. I applied a Salve to Juggernaut, cast Arcane Bolt at Juggernaut, and activated Blade Fury before the Arcane Bolt hit. The magic damage didn't interrupt the Salve. When I tested with Concussive Shot, I got the same result. However, when I used Mystic Flare to do the same test (apply Salve to Jugg, cast Blade Fury, cast Mystic Flare on Jugg), the Mystic Flare DID interrupt the Salve despite doing no damage.
    Last edited by TheYango; 05-10-2013 at 06:06 PM.