Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Payed for premium invite bundle, I still can't play.

Payed for premium invite bundle, I still can't play.

Hey guys I payed for that new premium invite bundle so I could play DotA 2 and I still only have the spectator client. I have the receipt for payment in my e-mail and everything!!!! I sent a ticket to steam but this is the last day of my weekend and would like to get to playing, any help?

Basic Member
    Did you activate it in your steam inventory? (i haven't bought it before, so don't know if you have to)

Basic Member
    I have the same problem,
    I sent a mail to the support and im waiting since more than 24h.. do somebody know something about this problem?

Basic Member
    I have installed the Spectator Client and after watching a game, I have buyed the game thought the "invite bundle".. got the payment confirmation on mail but when i start DotA 2 in Steam i get only into the Spectator Client and i am not able to play. I have re-installed the game some times but still nothing happens.

did you go to your inventory and activate the access ticket?

although I guess you have, since you are active in this forum, hmm.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    Do you mean the inventory in-game ?

I get only the mail with a confirmation, nothing about a key or something..
    The game is in the store of Steam activated, was before i get the bundle as a spectator client..

Since it is tradeable, it has to be a steam item, that you can either give away (to friends f.e.) or activate to use it for your own account. Also note what the text says in the dota 2 shop's description:

Get immediate access to Dota 2 and start playing right away! Or get an extra key to trade to a friend. This bundle includes a Mighty Boar courier, and a full set of items for Sven, Juggernaut, and Witch Doctor. Use the Dota 2 Invite from your Steam inventory to unlock the game. Dota 2 is currently only available on the PC.
    I bolded the relevant part for you You find your Inventory in steam at your profile page in the side menu.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    Hehe, thank you ^^

solved

Basic Member
    I just purchased the Invite Bundle. As I thought I would get into the beta, and have a spare key to trade with my friend. As the wording on the item indicates this.

"Get immediate access to Dota 2 and start playing right away! You will also receive an extra invite to trade to a friend. This bundle includes a Mighty Boar courier, and a full set of items for Sven, Juggernaut, and Witch Doctor. Dota 2 is currently only available on the PC."

I have all ready sent the invite to my friend, and he has activated it. Are you saying, I don't get immediate access to the beta? Because that in game text, found directly beside the "Add to cart" button says otherwise.

That's the same problem I'm having.
    I activated the "gift" for myself as read on certain steam forums, but where is the extra key?

this is what i bought:
    http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetai...9587?appid=570
    Last edited by pearhead51; 08-22-2012 at 07:18 AM.