Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Spirit Bear Entangle: Changing Attack Target

[Confirmed] Spirit Bear Entangle: Changing Attack Target

Summary:
    [Game ID: 33718767]
    There was a quick hotfix/bug fix patch tonight (Not the Aug 15th patch). In my first game after the patch, I played against a Lone Druid. The Silencer on my team and I (Viper) both encountered that when we got Entangled by the Spirit Bear, our attack target automatically transferred from the Lone Druid to the Spirit Bear, as if taunted.
    ::Example 1 (Viper): Game time 30:38 [Replay Time 35:04] [Replay Link: dota2://matchid=33718767&matchtime=2104 ]
    ::Example 2 (Silencer): Game time 32:56 [Replay Time 37:22] [Replay Link: dota2://matchid=33718767&matchtime=2242 ]

Repro Steps:
    1) Enter into a practice game with a friend
    2) Split yourself and your friend onto separate teams
    3) One person pick Lone Druid, the other person pick a ranged hero (we repro'd with Silencer)
    4) While in human form, have the heroes attack each other at range
    5) After ranged attacks begin, have bear begin attacking enemy
    6) Continue to attack each other from range until Entangle procs

Result:
    The enemy hero affected by Entangle will switch attack targets from the hero to the bear, as if taunted.

Expected:
    The auto attack target should remain the same as long as the original target is still in range.

PlayDota does not make any notes about Entangle working as a taunt and changing attack targets.
    Is it possible that I have never noticed this before and it is working as intended? Or is this the result of a recent change?
    Last edited by Shanoga; 08-20-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Updated to standard bug report format

Has anyone reproduced this yet to confirm?
    I do not have WC3 installed on my computer currently and I don't remember the interaction in DotA, does anyone remember if this behavior was the same?

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Tested on the 6.74c test map with silencer and syllabear. While silencer and sylla are attacking eachother and the bear strikes silencer and procs, silencer keeps attacking syllabear and does not change targets as if he was taunted.
    Just confirming to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by peterii View Post
    Tested on the 6.74c test map with silencer and syllabear. While silencer and sylla are attacking eachother and the bear strikes silencer and procs, silencer keeps attacking syllabear and does not change targets as if he was taunted.
    Just confirming to make sure
    Thanks for the confirmation!

Basic Member
    Ensnare with bear does also cancel channeling spell, however ther is no mention that it is ministun so I assume it is kind of "Stop" command, overriding current action. Not sure about WC3 model if it works this way. It maybe scripted as stop and check for previous target, same as for barathrum bash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kean01 View Post
    Ensnare with bear does also cancel channeling spell, however ther is no mention that it is ministun so I assume it is kind of "Stop" command, overriding current action. Not sure about WC3 model if it works this way. It maybe scripted as stop and check for previous target, same as for barathrum bash ?
    If it is set as a stop and check, then it isn't working properly since it is changing the target and not acquiring the previous target/maintaining the current target.

Basic Member
    if it was just a stop command, with autoattack off hero will not start attack closest target after entangle. It works like A+ground click

^ it's not just A + ground-click either. It really starts focusing on Spirit Bear, even though there was a closer target that Silencer (I tested this with him) was attacking at.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    ^ it's not just A + ground-click either. It really starts focusing on Spirit Bear, even though there was a closer target that Silencer (I tested this with him) was attacking at.
    So it's another skill that forces target to attack somebody, just like Double edge and Hook?