Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] refraction doesn't show buffs to enemy team

[Confirmed] refraction doesn't show buffs to enemy team

it didn't originally count charges but it wasn't completely invisible like it is now. it should show one buff for bonus damage and one buff for damage block.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I thought this was an inteded change?

Basic Member
    at first the buff icons were visible and even showed counters for the charges of refraction left on ta.
    that's why they were removed in the first place.
    it wouldnt hurt to bring simplified icons back, just for the sake of transparency.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Sorry, but I'll bump this thread.
    I don't know if it will help to get known by the developers, but I'll just hope...

I hate being unable to check whether the Templar soloing against me in the mid lane has Refraction on her... I mean, this is extremely important, especially if you are a nuker.
    "Go ahead and hit once and see if it's on or not", no! It just doesn't work that way. You wouldn't go hit once with Tinker on your hands... I am supposed to start the combat with the Laser, whenever I see that she is not being protected by the Refraction.

This might be ranked as Low, but it makes soloing against Templar remarkably harder. You'll have to constantly watch her hands to see that brief animation she does for the Refraction.

Basic Member
    I think Refraction being invisible is utterly stupid. Any other shield-like ability is visible for a good reason.

That said, icons would help too.
    Last edited by Radio; 11-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.

There wasn't any refraction shield effect for both sides on W3 DotA. And you weren't able to tell your own counts, either. Both fractions could only tell that if the Lanaya currently has the Refraction or not.
    Well, now, they have buffed (doubled, maybe even tripled) the awareness of Lanaya, and nerfed (removed entirely) the awareness of her enemies...
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 11-28-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo (awaraness)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    There wasn't any refraction shield effect for both sides on W3 DotA. And you weren't able to tell your own counts, either. Both fractions could only tell that if the Lanaya currently has the Refraction or not.
    Well, now, they have buffed (doubled, maybe even tripled) the awareness of Lanaya, and nerfed (removed entirely) the awaraness of her enemies...
    I don't really wanna hijack the thread as this borders into balance changes.. but hey, Templar is really strong and on top of all she's extremely annoying to lane against. Making the shield visible for both parties would be just a slap on the wrist. Also everyone gets to see the pretty effect on the shield!

Basic Member
    shield effect visible for enemies - no, thx
    buff icon visible - yes, pls

if they make shield visible it will be too easy, you should at least click on TA to know that there is a shield active (and spend some time for that).