Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Unable to purge Repel with Diffusal Blade on yourself/allies

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Unable to purge Repel with Diffusal Blade on yourself/allies

Summary:
    Unable to purge Repel with Diffusal Blade on allies

Repro:
    1) Pick Omni, lvlup repel and buy diffusal blade
    2) Cast Repel on yourself/ally
    3) Use Diffus on same target

Result
    Target "purged", diffus blade charge wasted, repel stays on target.

Expected:
    Repel purged.

p.s. yes, it useful sometimes

Satyr Trickster's Purge too even after devouring/dominating the creep..

Don't know if it's intended but you can't purge repel maybe even guardian angel (don't know if any other buff doesn't get removed besides repel) on allies @_@

I actually confirmed this a long time ago weeks after omniknight was released, don't know about the patch right now, might check it after i get home..
    Last edited by Kaho; 08-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Basic Member
    ah, you meant an allied repel.

confirmed and added to sticky.
    Last edited by blash365; 08-22-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

It's not that you cannot purge the Repel on your allies, but you cannot purge the Repel cast BY an allied Omniknight.
    Whether your teammate Omniknight casts his Repel on an ally or an enemy, you cannot purge it.
    Whether an enemy Omniknight casts his Repel on your allies or his allies, you can purge it.

This is so inconsistent.. Repel always should be purgable. What we have is this

Wrong interactions marked in red and right interactions in green. Red needs fixing.

Diffusal Blade:
    Purges:
    • Enemy Repel casted on enemy
    • Enemy Repel casted on ally

Cannot purge:
    • Allied Repel casted on enemy
    • Allied Repel casted on ally

Demonic Purge:
    Purges:

Cannot purge:
    • Alled Repel casted on enemy

Primal Split Storm's Dispel Magic:
    Purges:
    • Enemy Repel casted on ally

Cannot purge:
    • Allied Repel casted on ally

Cannot purge:
    • -

Slark's Dark Pact:
    Purges:
    • Enemy Repel casted on Slark

Cannot purge:
    • Allied Repel casted on Slark

Abaddon's Borrowed Time:
    Purges:
    • Enemy Repel casted on Abaddon

Cannot Purge:
    • Allied Repel casted on Abaddon

Doom's Doom:
    Purges:

Cannot purge:

In short:
    Purge should always dispel Repel, disregarding its source. Dark Pact and Borrowed Time never should dispel Repel, disregarding the source.

The only problem here causing this is, Repel is treated as negative when it's from the opposing team. Repel should always be treated as a positive buff.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 03-15-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Fix ASAP, so I can make Diffusal Blade on Omniknight just to purge my Repel to heal allies.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Fix ASAP, so I can make Diffusal Blade on Omniknight just to purge my Repel to heal allies.
    What a waste of money on Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Well, you maybe wanted to use the Diffusal in attempt to purge a debuff away. But right now you can do that without worrying about Repel getting removed.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    (not correct, read next post )

repel is a positive buff. thats why its not dispellable with purge when cast on yourself or an ally.

quote from purge: "A purge on a hero will initially remove most negative buffs from allies and positive buffs from enemies."

if you understand how purge works you will understand why repel works as it does, and why that is the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Repel should always be treated as a positive buff.
    why? it could be a dissadvantage to have repel on you so why would a repel casted by and enemy be treated as a positive buff?
    the general rule is that everthing that an enemy does to you is a negaive buff while the stuff friends do is a positive buff.
    (im sure there is atleast one exception somewhere but i cant remember one on the top of my head now)
    Last edited by Nelzy; 10-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Basic Member
    im sorry for my previus post, i leave it there so peopel can read it to get the complet picture.
    i based that post on what i experienced in dota2 and what the wiki said about purge.

After my previus post i tested this in the newest version of wc3 dota i had(6.74c) and then all buff was removed(omni ulti and repel) from allies not only debuffs, so it looks like the bug in your report is not only for repel but also omnis ulti. both should be removed by purge but none are.

dowloaded 6.78c and same there.

is this a basic problem with purge as a whole? or just with omnis spells? there is alot of incorrect interactions with purge in the known buggs list could more of them be caused by how purge functions on a basic level?

i scanned playdota for how purge works in dota1 but found nothing so i assume it works as wc3
    Quote from WC3: "Removes all buffs from a target unit, and slows its movement speed by a factor of 5. Purged units will slowly regain their movement speed over 15 seconds. Deals 400 damage to summoned units. Purge does not slow friendly units when used on them and causes units to stop for a brief moment when first cast."
    this is how if functions on omni in wc3 dota but in dota 2 it follows the previusly linked descroption on purge

so is it an intended change or a bug + a typo on the wiki derived from how it works atm in dota2?
    Last edited by Nelzy; 10-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.