Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Restore the Alpine Ursa Set

The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few.

No matter what Valve do, people aren't going to be happy. They remove the set, people whine about it being unique and funny, they don't remove the set and people complain about it being lore-breaking and aesthetically out of place. The best thing they can do right now is keep the majority happy- which is arguably people who don't want this set in the game.

Basic Member
    It's still in my inventory. Hopefully it doesn't turn into something else.

Basic Member
    Hahaha, no.

It got poor rating, people got upset and stood against Valve for releasing it with reasoning as to why it shouldn't be in the game (lore, community ratings, and overall opinions why the item set isn't good), and then Valve considered everything and they removed it.

They made a decision and you have to respect it. People made a thread and you along with many people had the chance to argue against its removal and a few people did. Valve however made their decision and if Valve would have said that they weren't going to listen we would have had to respect it just like you do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeee View Post
    come on Valve, seriously?

just because 100 people on the forums bitch and complain about the set, they suddenly make up the whole community?
    i can tell you that most of the community didn't give a crap about the set but a small part did (compared to the small part that hated it)
    so when did you speak for the community. I dont see people who love the alpine ursa set jumping to your thread for support

Basic Member
    alpine ursa was awesome:X

Basic Member
    Thank god they removed, today a cowboy, tomorrow a clown with ballons and etc.. Dont destroy the game, just because you like funny things..

Basic Member
    Glad they removed it from the shop, although I do wish they'd give an advance warning for stuff like this. People that actually supported this awful set now have a valuable commodity..

I'm happy with Valve's decision about removing Alpine Ursa set. Adding it was a mistake in my opinion, let's hope people deciding which item to add in the game will put extra attention to community reaction in Steam Workshop.

Basic Member
    If this means that the people who already have the item get to keep it, that's an acceptable compromise for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeee View Post
    come on Valve, seriously?

just because 100 people on the forums bitch and complain about the set, they suddenly make up the whole community?
    i can tell you that most of the community didn't give a crap about the set but a small part did (compared to the small part that hated it)

i personally loved the set, it was awesome and hilarious
    it made the game more enjoyable
    just because a few people on a thread hated you're just gonna listen to them?
    what about the hundreds of us that actually loved the set, that actually bought it?

please Valve restore the set, and if you want to avoid drama just think better next time when adding things to the game (so the "serious" players don't get offended)

(not a troll post)
    It was around 70% who disliked the set and 30% of those who liked it(Maybe even 80/20) it had 2 star rating and if just 30%(if not 20, i'll have to repeat myself) liked it, doesnt mean it should be in the game. Such an idiotic thread, really. I feel sorry for Valve developers, who read this thread.