Thread: please add the tools for preview the suit.

Basic Member

please add the tools for preview the suit.

I can preview only a part of character .

Huh?
    D̶̪̏̇͛͂̈̊̏O̬͉̱̭̤̐ͤ͝T̥̼̗̦̯͙ͣ͐ͮͨ͛̐Ä̩̣̖̘̖͍̹͐ͮ̊ͣ̆̎ ̗͖̘̲̝͔̅͐̀̎͗͌̐2̢̔̄ͭ̋͌̾

preview for the full set

Basic Member
    Yes please. I am working on a fullset would be helpful to view them together. There are lots people have no experience in compling files.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyPepsi View Post
    Yes please. I am working on a fullset would be helpful to view them together. There are lots people have no experience in compling files.
    When you compile an object in the workshop, it will place the compiled files in C:\Wherever you installed steam\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota.

Use this quick guide to setup the Alien Swarm SDK so you can view your models:
    http://www.cyborgmatt.com/dota-2-model-viewer-guide/

Use Load Weapon to add your parts onto the model for viewing.

Basic Member
    thanks for the guide Kakkoii. I have also noticed that seems you can use larger texture map for compiling your own project. Which some people have used them as preview images (which are misleading and has a heavy impact on voting),but when you scale down the texture to the workshop budget (often as small as 256x128) the difference are night and day.

i think its important to test ingame texture from begining to make every pixel count.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyPepsi View Post
    thanks for the guide Kakkoii. I have also noticed that seems you can use larger texture map for compiling your own project. Which some people have used them as preview images (which are misleading and has a heavy impact on voting),but when you scale down the texture to the workshop budget (often as small as 256x128) the difference are night and day.

i think its important to test ingame texture from begining to make every pixel count.
    I agree. I always test my textures in the resolution they'll be going in the game. They definitely need to implement a feature in the workshop for people to preview the actual model that was imported, not just the user chosen image. Or at least have it auto-generate one.

how about the announcer/s ?