Thread: Streamed games

Streamed games

It seems like the beta is becoming significantly bigger - and with a lareger population comes more disrespectful people. Seems like more and more leaks come out everyday - even worse is they almost always have no context or explanations, simply "heres a screenshot, make what you want from it". I'd really like to see one or two people being able to stream themselves playing games to show the other side of the game. I mean, I don't really think there's much to hide now; the shop UI has been leaked, the new UI frontpage is leaked, etc...

I think a lot of people would really like streamed games and it would show what happens from a first person perspective and how the game is played.

What do you guys think?

A potential con I can think of is there should be absolutely no flaming, so it might have to be restricted to inhouse practice games
    Last edited by yesiammanu; 09-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    SteamID: -TOO- Merkaba

Basic Member
    i am pretty sure that once the closed beta launches "official" it will be allowed to stream games, at least ive heard that from a couble of different casters and players that all want to stream..

on a slightly rellated note, since i don't know where else to post this.. is anything being done with the ones leaking stuff.. like this guy - http://carebear.be/dota2_ui.jpg - he didnt even bother to hide his name(checked the friends on the screenshot with the niokiz currently in game and they match, so it's not someone "fakenicking")
    I think its so ungratefull to icefrog and all the other devs at valve, and i do hope there will be taken action against him, if nothing else than the removal of the beta access

if those people that filter catches the beta removed from the valve or take some action..

We'll have a point where we allow streams in the near future.