Thread: [Confirmed] Swap while casting Illuminate

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Swap while casting Illuminate

I just figured that if Vengefull swaps Kotl while he is casting Illuminate then the Illuminate changes direction. Is this supposed to happen?

Can anyone say for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Gonna update this. It's not only Nether Swap. It's any position changing spell.

In Dota2, Ezalor is always facing the point you target to cast his Illuminate.

In DotA1, start casting Illuminate creates a lightning ball at his position upon start channeling. The shockwave will come out of this orb into the direction Ezalor was facing upon start channeling it, and it doesn't matter what happened meanwhile with Ezalor.

So basically, the direction and position of Illuminate should be set in stone once Ezalor starts channeling the spell.
    I tihnk the easiest way to fix this would be to make the blast come from a dummy unit, just like illuminate in Spirit Form.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-01-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Updated OP

Basic Member
    LOL it shouldn't change direction...bug for sure.And i think it should stop casting and just use it in the direction he was casting it.

Basic Member
    Confirmed. In WC3 the illuminate ends before he gets swapped so it shoots out at his old location in the direction he was facing.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Gonna update this. It's not only Nether Swap. It's any position changing spell.

In Dota2, Ezalor is always facing the point you target to cast his Illuminate.

In DotA1, start casting Illuminate creates a lightning ball at his position upon start channeling. The shockwave will come out of this orb into the direction Ezalor was facing upon start channeling it, and it doesn't matter what happened meanwhile with Ezalor.

So basically, the direction and position of Illuminate should be set in stone once Ezalor starts channeling the spell.
    I tihnk the easiest way to fix this would be to make the blast come from a dummy unit, just like illuminate in Spirit Form.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.