Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Not getting experience when killing outside of 1200range

[Fixed] Not getting experience when killing outside of 1200range

Quote from playdota
    Any hero kill done outside of this 1200 area grants experience to the killer.

Summary:
    When you kill heroes outside 1200 range you should still receive the experience, however you dont when you kill someone with radiance bear, i also tried it with beastmasters boar and he also received 0 experience.

Repro:
    1) Pick a hero that can summon units
    2) Kill an enemy hero with the summons when the hero is further than 1200 range away

Result:
    You get no experience

Expected:
    You should receive experience, i had to test this in dota 1 and indeed, you do get experience if you kill with a summon outside the 1200 range(tested with radiance bear while hero in base)

I havent tried every hero, just beastmaster and lone druid but i would assume heroes like lycan, furion and other summon heroes(mybe even illusion heroes) dont get experience if they kill with their summons(illusions) and i would also assume you dont get any experience if you kill with necronomicon units.

This should be looked into, Thanks.

Does this apply just to summons, or is there a similar bug with with Zeus / AA / Furion ults?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Does this apply just to summons, or is there a similar bug with with Zeus / AA / Furion ults?
    Just tested with zeus, aa and furion. you do get xp for the ulties.
    I also tested with summons.
    Necrobook: No xp given.
    Furion treants: No xp
    Eidolons: No xp

Probably the same with all summons

Edit: Tested in wc3. You do get xp when summons kill heroes.
    Last edited by hjort; 08-25-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Works fine with direct dmg spells, tested this a few days ago. Could see an issue with it not working for summons though, tested quickly in dota1 and you indeed get xp for a kill with your summons.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    thanks for testing.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member

Unhappy If my summons get the kill and I'm not near, I don't get the experience

I main with Warlock and my biggest problem is whenever my Infernal gets a kill, I don't get any experience because I'm usually far far away channeling my slow.

Supposedly, any hero kill you make, no matter where you and the dying enemy are on the map, as long as you're still alive, you get experience. (Ex. Venomancer killing with poison, Zeus' Wrath)

However this is not the case if a summon makes the killing blow. I don't think this is intended and should be fixed since this is a fairly common situation for heroes with summons and creates big game-changing impacts.
    Last edited by RaViJ; 04-14-2015 at 12:31 PM.

merged with existing thread
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    While we're talking about summons, it's not just experience you don't get. Other stills and mechanics (Ex. Greevil's Greed) don't work if summons get the killing blow. This is debatable since it makes sense that Bloodseeker wouldn't get healed by his old passive with the help of a summon.

However, experience is out of the question. Summon kills should give experience.

Basic Member
    Wait, this issue's been around for three years now? -_-

It's intended for spells like Greevil's Greed. You have to make the kill yourself to benefit from your passives.
    Please, just call me buny.