Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Response Delay

Well I'm from Arizona and my ping is fine. In a test game I will get around 60 ms, but when I move around there is certainly a small delay that I feel. If my only exposure was regular dota, it wouldn't feel much different to be honest. But coming from hon where everything is instantaneous, it makes it feel very unresponsive. Again, this doesn't make it unplayable by any means, but if there is an artificial component to this (aka no fix) then it would be nice to know that I'll just have to get used to it. Otherwise it means its just me.

Basic Member
    I am from Germany and i have the exact same feeling when playing on EU servers. I dont really like to compare HoN with DotA2 but somehow s2games managed to make their game completely free from any delay while i have a minor delay on EU servers in DotA2.

Hmm..I can't really notice any delay.

hrm could it be that actions done on HoN are displayed client side and then done server side rather then done in real time? that might be why the actions in hon seem so flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    hrm could it be that actions done on HoN are displayed client side and then done server side rather then done in real time? that might be why the actions in hon seem so flawless.
    I forget to be honest. All I know is that the netcode in HoN is really good and I hope that valve can figure out a way to make it comparable. Unless of course this is indeed artificial lag, which I don't personally agree with.

I'm pretty sure there isn't an artificial built in lag. I get pretty much no delay as long as my connection isn't bogged down by other stuff. Try comparing it to a practice match with bots.

is there a way to make a local server? I didn't look to hard, but every practice game I've made is still hosted in the interwebs.

Basic Member
    actually recently ive been getting very noticeable delay between issuing a command and my hero actually doing it.

Basic Member
    Sadly i got the exact same feeling, and this is a big reason which stops me from fully transitioning back. The game doesn't run as smooth due to the small delay that is always there.

Basic Member
    well its still a beta, there are many things to tweak on the servers and the latency. dont think thats somethign to worry about atm.