Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennant Item Drop Rate Doesnt Scale

Basic Member
    @GermanViet And I think you're missing one of my biggest points, these pennants for all of one game made for some of the most fun I have ever had watching dota 2. We would squeal, we would yell, and laugh at any chance at triggering an event. We really got into it and then we realized we had absolutely no chance at getting an item and it felt like just another Defense/PD2/BTS game we had all experienced a thousand times before. It was a huge letdown and we were disappointed at would could have been.

Right now 12 people have 600 dollar couriers instead of 600 people having 12 dollar couriers. How does this make any sense?

Basic Member
    It's getting late and I have to wake up early to watch some International games :]
    I will reply to responses when I wake up.

Basic Member
    How many games do you think there will be? Multiply that number with the average amount of courier dropped per game.
    That's a LOT of couriers.

Now consider the chest couriers.

int chest couriers are currently around 50 keys(?). And they will drop further. If you want them to drop further then they will be less worth than Sunfires which currently sell for 15-35 keys (depending on courier type)

And tell me more about those 12 people having 600 dollar couriers. Those prelims match courier are worth equal to chest courier. (I would even favor the chest couriers since they don't have a stupid text.)

I quote again: "Think of it like catching Babe Ruth’s baseball"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    And tell me more about those 12 people having 600 dollar couriers. Those prelims match courier are worth equal to chest courier. (I would even favor the chest couriers since they don't have a stupid text.)

I quote again: "Think of it like catching Baibe Ruth’s baseball"
    That quote should tell u something about how big these couriers are. Depending on who is written on that tournament courier the price will be high or low. Of course its the same courier in-game but its different when u search it in the inventory. I'm sure everyone are trying to get them to trade or sell. I would sell it too cus its the same courier in game and just has those writings on it.

Basic Member
    why is there no MTW pennant??

Basic Member
    In the PRELIMS there are 112 games.
    How many couriers do you expect to be average dropped in a game? (Either side of team)
    Multiply that number by 112.

That's a HELL LOT of couriers.

Prelims courier aren't worth that much. Many of those courier will be from less favored team from unknown players.
    What counts will be the courier from semifinal and finals.

We need moar couriers

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reashio View Post
    why is there no MTW pennant??
    Also, where is the M5 pennant?

they can give different items, not just courier. i believe there were 40k viewers on mouz vs we. 13k of them bought pennants and ONLY less than 100 won prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I can't fathom how can one think that anything from WC3 looks better than its DOTA 2 counterpart, those graphics are 12 years old and the effects plain suck - if you look at the from today's perspective.

Basic Member
    with those low drop chances (~0,01% and it will get worse in the upcoming matches) you might as well not display a drop message. i don't think a spectator really cares if some average joe he doesn't know received an item instead of him.