Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennant Item Drop Rate Doesnt Scale

Basic Member

Pennant Item Drop Rate Doesnt Scale

total like item 7 drops for 3400 pennants in last game (WE vs Mouz game2)...

0.02% chance per game?

I think it suppose to scale with the total number of pennants not a fixed number of drops...

Basic Member
    And it's 0% if you have a pennant but can't even get into the game.

I kinda agree. The drop rate is 1 drop per event. It should be 1% or 0.1% drop per event.

Last game was 12k Pennants(mous) 1k(WE) and 7~? drops...

I would really like it if the courier was kept at just one per event, while the odds of any items was something like 1/25, so if you watched all your favorite team's games, you should walk away with a small prize of sorts.

Heck, I think I would rather have parts of a chest over nothing, like the MTP ash piles.

Basic Member

Talk about tournament drops

The drop rate for these tournament items makes me not want to buy pennants. Yes I love supporting certain teams but I would also love to have a courier from when (spoiler alert) ixmike88 gets a rampage vs Na'vi in grand finals. If you supported mouz in games 2 or 3 (most of us couldn't get into game 1) of today's finals, you had almost no chance of getting a tournament drop item. I was watching with a group of people, all with pennants on mouz (one of our favorite teams). At the beginning of game 2, we were excited and anxious about who was going to get first blood and who would get multi kills. It was fun for a short while then we just stopped caring about those things entirely once we realized we had zero chance of actually getting anything. They were still amazing games but the excitement just went away completely around the start of game 3... we figured less than 10 items would drop that game for the mouz side and that it would be silly to expect to actually get anything. By the end of game 3 there were 12 THOUSAND people rocking coL pennants. You had a 1/12k chance of getting the series-ender courier. This is ridiculous and statistically speaking, the chance of getting an item drop is an insignificant afterthought. Pennants are meant to make the competitive scene and fans more interconnected. By game 3, the interactive draw of the pennants went away completely and the international started feeling like just another tournament you can watch through the client.

You were several times more likely to receive an item had you equipped a WE pennant even though WE triggered less drops and wound up losing the series 0-3. That really doesn't make sense to me. It's as if I am being punished for equipping a pennant for a team I love; I could just equip a pennant for the less popular team and boost my chances at a courier/item significantly, which conflicts with the point of buying pennants which is supporting your favorite teams. At this point I would not equip a Na'vi/EG (although I bought them) and will probably buy pennants for lesser known teams.

My suggestions:
    Make it a flat chance to receive a courier/item drop rather than only giving out one per event. It doesn't have to be a high chance at all, it just can't be 1/12 thousand, no one is going to care about tournament items if they continue to drop at this rate (and seeing as how mouz racked up 12k supporters within a few hours, you can probably guess that this is just the tip of the iceberg).

Do not reveal the names of the people who received items but rather, give a notification if the player receives one. Winners do not want to be harassed by a thousand traders looking to get their courier off them. I looked up a few of the winners to see what the couriers looked like and one had changed his name to something like "STOP F-ING ADDING ME"
    Last edited by MrSoada; 08-25-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Basic Member
    Tournament class items are artifacts spawned by an exciting moment in a tournament match. They capture the details of the moment in a form that easily shown to other players. In addition, they allow you to jump right to the replay of the match, 15 seconds before the highlight occurred. Think of it like catching Babe Ruth’s baseball, except instead of Babe Ruth it’s Dendi, and the baseball is Pudge’s hook.
    Also. How many games does the tournament hold? How many couriers are being dropped averaged? You will see there will be dropped a LOT of couriers. This will devalue the international couriers a lot.
    If you are buying a pemnant. Don't expect to get something. You are supporting your team. But if you get something. Be proud.

I hope the economy for Unusuals will stabilize after this.

Tournament courier are meant to be rarer than int chest courier. It was "stated". (They told you trigger events. And they told you that there will only be one courier per event.)
    Don't make businuess off this. It is not lucrativ.

I don't want to see another version of Sunfires again where they are worth 15-40 keys (depending on courier type)

If you are a mad invester/looking for couriers. Uncrate int chest.

Basic Member
    It really does defeat the purpose when it encourages you to wear a pennant for a less popular team just to have any chance at an item, though. Even if it's not a set rate, it would be nice if it scaled based on pennant totals.

Basic Member
    These pennants are about far more than supporting your favorite teams. They are incentivized for a reason but you can't expect that incentive to go very far once people realize that they have no chance in hell of getting a courier. I want these teams to be better supported, and I don't mind those terrible, terrible people who wouldn't buy pennants just for the sake of giving, supporting these teams either. It's not like the money of a die-hard fan is any better than the money of somebody who just wants a nice courier.

Basic Member
    What i want to know is what are the chances of getting an item. Im sure it's not 1/how many people have the pennants.
    There are levels in the pennants by upgrading it with the upgrade pennants. I want to know if the level of the pennants actually increase the chance of getting an item.
    I checked today's winners and most of them had higher level than 1. Some did have level 1 and got the courier but... most were higher than 1.