Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brewmasters mythical flail

Basic Member

Brewmasters mythical flail

Yo,

Ever since I got this weapon I have been jumping in joy as brewmaster is now my new favorite hero and all that but let's cut to the point.

The Flail is extremely well done, it's unique and it fits brewmaster just perfectly.
    However, there are some minor issues with this flail and how big it is that I feel needs to be adressed.

For a mythical item alot of things regarding the flail is quite clumsy and should have been taken care of before it was actually released.
    Let's start off with the size.. The size is perfect, as brewmaster handles in big weapons. Although the flail's end the actual metal mace at the chain is so big that it goes under the dota2 map while he walks, this was very strange to me as they have given other weapons that are mythical an effect when it touches the ground.

For example, take axe's bloodchaster weapon.. It is being dragged at the ground and creates a dusty effect with the clinge of the axe being rubbed towards the ground of the map.
    It's creative and it looks very well executed in terms of design.

But, what happened to that creativity when it came to the Flail? Half of the actual weapon drops through the ground when you have it equipped while running in a battle stance - It just looks very.. unfinished?
    Also, the actual hit with the weapon goes as far as the metal mace on the end isn't what hits. It's the wooden staff that hits. The hitbox is way out of proportion.

This is merely a question wether you intentionally made it this way or is this something you could look into and improve? Cause right now I feel a little bit sad that the weapon is designed clumsy.

Any comment on this at all?
    Also, feel free to post your own feedback regarding the weapon to those who owns it, discussion is highly appreciated.

-Boyka

Basic Member
    I would like something similar to axe's axe dragging

Banned
    I'd agree the metal attachment at the end is too big. There's no reason for it to be so big that it goes through the ground at times. It's a great item overall, just needs a little tweaking.

Basic Member
    Thank you lads, Appreciate the effort your putting in to create a conversation.

I hope there's more people streaming in as it goes to realize they feel the same like we do.
    I agree to your points aswell, something must be done with it at least.

Basic Member
    Will be glad to see that flail rubbing towards the ground of the map, just like that effect on the blood chaser.
    They also need to change its sound when Brewmaster hits with it...it's a flail for God sake, not a bamboo stick LOL.

There's lotta other items who got to be adjusted, resized, corrected etc...just like that HUGE Jugg ability modifier (ward) who needs to be "smaller" as promised by GreenMarine few months ago in this thread

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39142&page=2
    Last edited by Combo; 08-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post
    Will be glad to see that flail rubbing towards the ground of the map, just like that effect on the blood chaser.
    They also need to change its sound when Brewmaster hits with it...it's a flail for God sake, not a bamboo stick LOL.

There's lotta other items who got to be adjusted, resized, corrected etc...just like that HUGE Jugg ability modifier (ward) who needs to be "smaller" as promised by GreenMarine few months ago in this thread

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39142&page=2

I agree, thanks for sharing your oppinion!
    -B

Basic Member
    Have the same opinion as boyka, for a mythical its a pretty "unfinished" item. Would be awesome if it gets the same effect as the Blood Chaser

Please let the end drag. As for where it strikes, someone should check how the standard one hits. I think it generally strikes with the stick as well?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolooman View Post
    Please let the end drag. As for where it strikes, someone should check how the standard one hits. I think it generally strikes with the stick as well?

It hits with the middle part of the stick yes, not even the metalflail at the end.
    Could we get a dev on this?

I was originally not going to join in on this discussion, as I don't have the item myself, nor do I play Brewmaster, but there was something I noticed in a recent International game - this issue is not unique to the mythical flail. The tip of Brewmasters standard flail also largely disappears through the ground; it's just less noticeable because the tip is so much thinner. This is why a comparison with Axe's Blood Chaser doesn't really work. Axe's Blood Chaser uses unique animations and clothing simulation for the head; Brewmaster's mythical flail isn't actually all that longer than its original - when I checked the SDK, I would wager about 10 to 20% larger than its original tip, in length. So the basis of this issue doesn't lay with the mythical item, it lies with the standard flail.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyka View Post
    It hits with the middle part of the stick yes, not even the metalflail at the end.
    So does the standard model.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyka View Post
    Could we get a dev on this?
    Unlikely at the moment, they are all busy with the International.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.