Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: People with no pennants getting items?

Basic Member
    I will agree that it is kind of disappointing there isn't less-rare items. I was under the impression that everybody would be getting a common at least. Almost nobody is going to have anything to show for TI2, other than the chest items that are probably getting added to the shop anyways.

Maybe they'll do something cool like a free item (even if common) to everybody that sees the final game.

While I'm not 100% sure, I think you just have to have a pennant to be eligible for ANY drop event. It does not matter which team's pennant you have or which team/player caused the event.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    While I'm not 100% sure, I think you just have to have a pennant to be eligible for ANY drop event. It does not matter which team's pennant you have or which team/player caused the event.
    Thanks for the heads up CvP.

Does this mean if I have a DK pennant and watch not DK vs not DK I am elligible? (just for clarity.)

Quote Originally Posted by w'll View Post

Does this mean if I have a DK pennant and watch not DK vs not DK I am elligible? (just for clarity.)
    He clearly said 'I think', and Valve never stated that it works like that. So I think right now only devs can give you a 100% true answer.

Basic Member
    And they better do so soon or the next "special chest" wont be nowhere near as profitable as were those up to now

Quote Originally Posted by shadow002 View Post
    And they better do so soon or the next "special chest" wont be nowhere near as profitable as were those up to now
    Wanna bet? My bet is that Valve's customers have a very short memory, like to think of stuff of their own and spend money for things that seem at least a tiny bit awesome, without thinking whether they actually need it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by w'll View Post

Probably not. I meant, it does not matter if you have team1 or team2 (in a game team1 vs team2) pennant. But if you have team 3 pennant, you are probably not included.

Then again, valve never clarified this and all devs are busy so wont bother them with these questions now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Probably not. I meant, it does not matter if you have team1 or team2 (in a game team1 vs team2) pennant. But if you have team 3 pennant, you are probably not included.

Then again, valve never clarified this and all devs are busy so wont bother them with these questions now.
    That would be awesome if it were true, as it would mean you wouldn't have an advantage item-wise for using a pennant from the less popular team. But it also further kills your chances at items in the long run..

Basic Member
    This

People seem (including me) to assume that if you buy a pennant for the less popular team you get more chances on items

We really need some more deeper mechanics info on this one

*Shrug* I just want to get an aL pennant to show support. Rah rah rah and all that.