Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: People with no pennants getting items?

Basic Member

People with no pennants getting items?

Just watching Mouz VS M5 game two, tinker (Moscow 5) gets a double kill at 40~ minutes.

Someone gets an item???

There aren't any M5 pennants in the store so how has he got an item for an M5 play?

Basic Member
    I saw the same thing in an aL game. Someone got an item from an aL double kill when their pennant isnt available yet.

Also saw that several times. Either if there are no pennants the items will be given randomly. Or, just having a pennant gives you a chance to get drop (ANY pennant in ANY game). Or it's actually just random and pennants have nothing to do with it.

I've been wondering this myself, saw it happen on some of the clg matches

Banned
    I dont get how it works actually.
    Cause i have a navi pennant lvl 7.
    3 games watched, didnt get a single item.
    Whats the point in upgrading pennant. Whats the point in buying it at all?
    So i spent 7$ for nothing? Good job Valve, nice drop rate. So generous of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    They didn't mention anywhere that upgrading pennant improves drop rates, it was your imagination and desire to get easy items :P But I'm pretty sure it was intended by their side that you thought it would work that way. That's how Valve do stuff, we had 'summer chests' thing just a few months ago(most stuff is in shop now), do people have such short memories?

Only one person per event who has an pennat may get a drop. I hope the increase the drop % *fingers crossed*
    Scorpio_gamer:- “Remember there is NO such thing as GAME OVER!!
    So keep GAMING….!!”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    They didn't mention anywhere that upgrading pennant improves drop rates, it was your imagination and desire to get easy items :P But I'm pretty sure it was intended by their side that you thought it would work that way. That's how Valve do stuff, we had 'summer chests' thing just a few months ago(most stuff is in shop now), do people have such short memories?
    How it is easy? I paid money for it.
    I can call it scum.

How it is easy? I paid money for it.
    I can call it scum.
    You can get only unusual courers from those drops, and 7$ for an unusual courer would be very cheap.
    Of course, Valve just didn't say that you can't get any other items rather than those courers, so I also agree that it's just wrong to do business like that. But hey, people keep falling for that and pay money every time, I guess I'm just bad at business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    You can get only unusual courers from those drops, and 7$ for an unusual courer would be very cheap.
    Of course, Valve just didn't say that you can't get any other items rather than those courers, so I also agree that it's just wrong to do business like that. But hey, people keep falling for that and pay money every time, I guess I'm just bad at business.
    I've expected to get something at least. Any shitty item as a souvenir from The TI2.
    Considering that im from Europe, and i cant watch the tournament whole day. Last match went this morning, when i was at work already.
    So god damn unfair.