Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] New Graphs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

[Suggestion] New Graphs

A few graphs might be interesting and illustrate the course the game is taking:

all graphs should be available for
    all 5 heroes,
    the 3 best heroes,
    the best hero of each team
    and if needed every hero individually.
    alternatively: select/deselect heroes to enable/disable their graphs

(average) networth
    (average) gpm - altenatively: lasthits
    (average) xpm - alternatively: hero level
    (average) rebuy money spent

all those graphs should be available as either a split version (1 graph per hero) and a combined version (sum of all values of each team/average).

gold/xp difference - you can select/deselect players to add their contribution to the graph or not
    gold/xp difference - filter by source (creepkills (lane/neutral), tower kills, hero kills) all of which should be toggleable as above

all those graphs should make it easier to find out which player/subset of players has the significant impact on the flow of the game at a certain point in the game.
    Last edited by blash365; 09-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    +1 More info can be only good.

+1
    Some of this is already enabled for spectators, so I would think it would be fairly simple for them to implement as well.
    D̶̪̏̇͛͂̈̊̏O̬͉̱̭̤̐ͤ͝T̥̼̗̦̯͙ͣ͐ͮͨ͛̐Ä̩̣̖̘̖͍̹͐ͮ̊ͣ̆̎ ̗͖̘̲̝͔̅͐̀̎͗͌̐2̢̔̄ͭ̋͌̾

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    a few other graphs:

gpm - select/deselect heroes to enable/disable their graphs
    xpm - select/deselect heroes to enable/disable their graphs

gold/xp difference - you can select/deselect players to add their contribution to the graph or not
    gold/xp difference - filter by source (creepkills (lane/neutral), tower kills, hero kills) all of which should be toggleable as above
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

+1, this would be really useful and it's implemented on the spectator system so i guess (may be wrong) it's not that hard to do on the normal one ^^

Basic Member
    I like your suggestions.

If it's not all taken over, I'd take this one:

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    (average) networth
    and change it into "Total networth", which you could include as a second line in the regular gold graph.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Methany878 View Post
    I like your suggestions.

If it's not all taken over, I'd take this one:

and change it into "Total networth", which you could include as a second line in the regular gold graph.
    thats a good idea. total networth as an addition to the goldgraph.
    but average netgraph to compare players with each other (and the mean of their team).

Basic Member
    Also maybe add some arrows to indicate the progress. Left\Right arrow to indicate a decrease, increase, Up\Down to indicate an increase\decrease in the heroes' top on your graph.
    Personally I can't remember the order of each heroes (especially if one has over 20) and the bar changes are so subtle sometimes that you barely notice them. Something like a light version of a stock market might be good
    Also with a number indicating the graph value... 2.47 is not the same as 2.19, although visually they might seem so. Especially if you don't memorize each hero's bar.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Also maybe add some arrows to indicate the progress. Left\Right arrow to indicate a decrease, increase, Up\Down to indicate an increase\decrease in the heroes' top on your graph.
    Personally I can't remember the order of each heroes (especially if one has over 20) and the bar changes are so subtle sometimes that you barely notice them. Something like a light version of a stock market might be good
    Also with a number indicating the graph value... 2.47 is not the same as 2.19, although visually they might seem so. Especially if you don't memorize each hero's bar.
    erm, we are not talking about performance bars here. as you can see we are in the replay section.

like your suggestion about performance bars though.
    you might want to hold it back til the performance bars have gotten their attention and have been reworked. anyways it belongs to either misc or the dashboard section.