Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] Transformation spells and Hex

Volunteer Moderator

[Intended?] Transformation spells and Hex

Summary:

In WC3 Blizzard released a patch "fixing" the interaction between metamorphosis and hex, where the metamorphosis duration is paused while hex is active, however a couple of days later they reverted it, making me think this isn't an intentional change.

Repro:

1) Pick lycan
    2) -createhero lion enemy
    3) Level both to 25
    4) Cast shapeshift on lycan, and then hex him

Result:

Metamorphosis continues to tick down

Expected result:

The duration of metamorphosis is "prolonged" (well, the total duration ACTUALLY IN THAT FORM, so excluding hex time should remain constant) making the timer on shapeshift pause whilst hexed.

Basic Member
    u sure blizzard's patch has anything to do with dota (balance)?

Volunteer Moderator
    WC3 TFT 1.25b changelog:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...69892&sid=3000

Fixes
    Hex will no longer extend the duration of Metamorphosis.
    Hex will no longer disable mana or health regeneration of Heroes.

WC3 TFT 1.26

http://www.dota-utilities.com/2011/0...-tft-v126.html (not a perfect source, but I do remember the patch notes being something along these lines)

• Hex will no longer provide a speed boost to a Hero if cast at the end of Metamorphosis or Chemical Rage effects.
    • Reverted the 1.25b fix, "Hex will no longer extend the duration of Metamorphosis."
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 08-29-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Basic Member
    added to intended fix list.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    I honestly don't think this is intended... Otherwise why would they revert a patch in WC3 that fixed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    I honestly don't think this is intended... Otherwise why would they revert a patch in WC3 that fixed it?
    The quoted patch is for warcraft 3 not for dota...In that game there were 4 heroes for each side(and some neutral ones),some of witch had transformation spells.And Blizzard thought the interaction in their game should be tweaked..
    after that dota got tweaked for the patch.(IE, lican had a period when he was hexed while in wolf form and did not retain the max speed-but the duration of the ultimate was extended)
    Last edited by Martin Andrei; 08-29-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Basic Member
    my guess is that it was kinda hard to make a decision on it in wc3, since every change on it would have to go through blizzard.
    it would have been very hard to test such a change for balance and bugs.
    now valve has all the strings in their hands and it is not an overextention to try this mechanic out for a bit.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    after that dota got tweaked for the patch.(IE, lican had a period when he was hexed while in wolf form and did not retain the max speed-but the duration of the ultimate was extended)
    The way it currently works in WC3 DotA is lycan has max movespeed while hexed AND the duration is increased, the way it worked for approximately 2 days, is the way that it works in dota 2 currently, where hex and metamorphosis' times work independantly, but the movespeed buff from shapeshift still works while hexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    The way it currently works in WC3 DotA is lycan has max movespeed while hexed AND the duration is increased, the way it worked for approximately 2 days, is the way that it works in dota 2 currently, where hex and metamorphosis' times work independantly, but the movespeed buff from shapeshift still works while hexed.
    I forgot a not )
    Meant to say was not extended. :P(and this was after the patch,point was that as blash said changes were not done through war3 patches)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    my guess is that it was kinda hard to make a decision on it in wc3, since every change on it would have to go through blizzard.
    it would have been very hard to test such a change for balance and bugs.
    now valve has all the strings in their hands and it is not an overextention to try this mechanic out for a bit.
    In such change, we have luna's boucing for example, and for now, it works (on unit) like blizzard wanted it -tought on building it is still wrong for now-