Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] Persuaded/Enchanted/Dominated units shouldn't block other units

Basic Member

[Intended?] Persuaded/Enchanted/Dominated units shouldn't block other units

Summary:
    Units under the control of Chen/Enchantress/Hero with HotD shouldn't be able to block other units.

Repro:
    1) Pick Chen or Enchantress or a hero with HotD, go to jungle and dominate a neutral.
    2) Have the neutral walk in a straight line.
    3) Have the hero walk in the same line, ending in front of the creep (having big MS to surpass it)

Result:
    The hero gets blocked.

Expected result:
    The hero should be able to pass though the neutral freely, without colliding.

In Dota 1, the neutrals are given the [Aeth] Ghost ability when they are persuaded/enchanted/dominated.
    This means that other units can pass through those neutrals, but the neutrals themselves still obey to the pathing rules.
    To simply put it, these neutrals can't block, but can get blocked.

In Dota 2, the neutrals block other units though.

Screenshots:
    Dota 1
    Dota 2

This means that the famous Puppey scene was in fact a bug.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Just dropping by to confirm.

I tested in WC3 DotA as well, and I got the results as described in the original post. Tested Persuasion, Helm of the Dominator and Enchant.

E: nvm, didn't see blash already passed by.
    我不講中文|♥ ~
    Kitty Bot ~♥

Basic Member
    np. doublechecking never hurts.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Wait, so you can't bodyblock with creeps in D1? That's retarded. I hope this to be an intended fix.

No you can't. And it's intentional(dota1). Upon dominating a creep it will get "Ghost - visible" ability which will not allow body blocking. Same ability has courier.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    I remember creating a thread about this long time ago, liked how a moderator closed it and told me something like "No you are wrong".

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    I remember creating a thread about this long time ago, liked how a moderator closed it and told me something like "No you are wrong".
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35752

that was nova and he might have had more information than we do.
    i'll try to reach him.

Basic Member
    small update:
    i think the original intention of removing collision size from chen's, ench's and hotd creeps was to prevent players from doing the creep block thing that is currently possible with couriers.
    as much as i like the body block mechanic against heroes, i'd hate to see the same thing happen with conversions after the courier collision size gets fixed.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    small update:
    i think the original intention of removing collision size from chen's, ench's and hotd creeps was to prevent players from doing the creep block thing that is currently possible with couriers.
    as much as i like the body block mechanic against heroes, i'd hate to see the same thing happen with conversions after the courier collision size gets fixed.
    They could probably play around with it and try it blocking JUST heroes or player controlled units, but I guess we'll see. Body blocking did lead to some pretty good moments in TI2.