Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Pudge dismember and force staff

[Confirmed] Pudge dismember and force staff

I had a question, not sure about the dota 1 mechanics here. If pudge dismembers someone who is in the process of using force staff is pudge supposed to stop that hero dead in its tracks? Or is force staff supposed to move you the intended 800 units even if dismembered?

Basically right now in dota 2 I know that if pudge dismembers you that you get stopped dead in your tracks. I just did a custom game where I created a pudge enemy and I was invoker with force staff. Took a bit of testing to get it just right but I managed to force staff about .01 seconds before dismember. The results were force staff went on cool down and there was negligible movement from the force staff after the pudge dismember.

If this is how it works in dota 1 then that's cool. If not then ill produce a video showing the effects.

Basically this happened to me in a game last night (game does not appear in my recent games list, along with every other game from last night) so it got me wondering if that was intended and the same mechanics as dota 1.
    Last edited by AvatarOG; 09-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.

I can't see why would it stop you. I don't recall seeing any stun, channelled or not, stopping force staff movement. I do remember that there was a bug where purging effects (diffusal, demonic purge) removed force staff movement.

Basic Member
    i think the current mechanic in dota 2 is:
    if you are disabled and forcestaffed afterwards, the forcestaff will push you the full way.
    if you are forced and disabled while being forced, your movement will stop.

not sure if that is true for all spells but it sounds very logical to me.

in wc3 dota you could cast disruption on a hero that is being forced and the animation would be at the location of the spell taking effect but the hero (and the illusions) would appear at the end of the forced movement. that was very illogical.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Dota 2 Force Staff and Dismember

Dota 1 Force Staff and Dismember

As you can see in Dota 1 force staff continues for the entire length through the dismember.

But in Dota 2 there are two different scenarios I was able to test.
    Scenario #1 is Force Staffing past Pudge as he dismembers - results in Force staff stopping in its tracks.
    Scenario #2 is Force Staffing away from Pudge as he dismembers - same result

Scenario #2 is almost impossible for me to test in Dota 1 since you cannot turn off Auto attack. I would need four hands and two mouses, or another person to test it with me. Otherwise I cannot recreate the Force staff away from pudge in Dota 1 but I am guessing that Force staff would continue for its entire length.

So whether this is a bug or an intended change is up to the mods / developers. But it is different from dota 1.
    Last edited by AvatarOG; 09-05-2012 at 10:29 AM.

If someone could test Scenario two with me in a Dota 1 Game so I could record the results that would help confirm / deny the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOG View Post
    Scenario #2 is almost impossible for me to test in Dota 1 since you cannot turn off Auto attack. I would need four hands and two mouses, or another person to test it with me. Otherwise I cannot recreate the Force staff away from pudge in Dota 1 but I am guessing that Force staff would continue for its entire length.
    Just spawn another unit.

Pudge [TeamA] --- Unit to Forcestaff [TeamB] --- Random Unit [TeamA]

Have the UtF attack the random Unit .. gazoom, you got some time to Forcestaff-Dismember while the UtF looks away from Pudge.
    Last edited by Vulpes; 09-06-2012 at 09:05 AM.

ahh yes good idea. It worked like a charm

Pudge Dismember and Force Staff away Dota 1

Just as I thought the force staff continues the entire distance.

there are ways to detect a unit being disabled in warcraft 3 dota. if it's an engine limitation it's a source engine limitation.

probably just valve being lazy again

Basic Member
    twas already on the sticky.
    somebody forgot to post a reply in here (i guess that someone would be me).
    Last edited by blash365; 09-06-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I'm not seeing it on the sticky