Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Bottle usage on allies!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakiki View Post

It would be too good for the bottle to be targetable. Currently it requires at least some "skill" of switching.
    dragging item to another hero with voice communication is not skill. This just allows games to flow better without the communication you would normally see in public games.

I don't know why people are so scared of the new ideas that are being proposed to dota 2 that they completely forget the fact that it is simply an improvement from dota 1. Do you honestly want to carry over every clunky and gimmicky mechanics that dota 1 had that was limited by the map editor?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfkey View Post
    it may be true if you are in stacks with friends, but in a pub game you never know which jackass would run off with your bottle and refuses to use it or return it to you. Happened to be a couple of times, ranging from bottles to tangoes. If it didn't happen to you before, you're just lucky you didnt run into the same jackass-es i did.
    -1 To the suggestion.

As i say many times: because of idiots/trolls, nothing is going to change. I just had a pvp game and i gave my bottle to my allie, he only used 2/3... i actually thought he would return it empty.
    Nothing wrong with what i just said, right?
    Then there is nothing wrong with the system.
    Then nothing needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimorin View Post
    It still over simplifies the game, the fact that just clicking on a rune while you have a bottle puts the rune in the bottle amazed me that it was added.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedy92 View Post
    The game getting easier and easier every day.
    And most new suggestions are suggestions to make it even easier.

God bless the sane part of dota community.

/facepalm
    /closed

+1

I fully support you OP! Not game-breaking, it just does what a good interface is meant to do: facilitate our lives without breaking the game balance.

Basic Member
    I support the idea

Quote Originally Posted by ranaki View Post
    it's still something that should be talked about in the playdota forums.
    this is considered as a buff to bottle. the bottle is fine, it should not be changed.

135 hp and 70 mana early game is pretty much. every support can skip things like urn of shadows and buy a bottle instead to begin with.
    consumable items are a really huge factor early game, bottle is imo already the best of the consumables because you keep it until mid game or even late game on heroes that go mid.
    If you also are able to heal up your allies without having them to drop an item, people can use bottle charges (135hp over 3 seconds is pretty much, 45hp per second) during teamfights when the enemy is stunned or juking. this would give great new dimensions for the game because most of this will be used early game and mid game. It should be discussed in the playdota forum.

This would make early game a lot better

Buffing a consumable can have a huge impact on the early and mid game.

This idea is ok as long as the target the bottle should be used on has an empty item slot.
    Since the discussion about this thread belonging to playdota or not was closed when CvP said that he have no reason to close this thread. A bottle was always a possibility for supports, the number are the same, the only reason the supports will be more likely to buy bottles with this implementation is because the item became less complicated to heal allies.

Btw I liked the target with empty slot only idea a lot, it can even have a visual thing. Here is the idea, while the target is being healed a blurry bottle will fill the empty slot of the target, the target will still be able to fill that empty slot while the blurry bottle is there, removing the blurry bottle without removing the buff, he will be unable to receive another charge while he doesn't have at least 1 empty slot. The blurry bottle will change slots if there is more than one slot instead of vanishing.

This idea should make the "hard core players" a little happier. But I still think this is totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Homerbomer View Post
    -1 To the suggestion.

As i say many times: because of idiots/trolls, nothing is going to change. I just had a pvp game and i gave my bottle to my allie, he only used 2/3... i actually thought he would return it empty.
    Nothing wrong with what i just said, right?
    Then there is nothing wrong with the system.
    Then nothing needs to be done.

This.

And most new suggestions are suggestions to make it even easier.

God bless the sane part of dota community.

/facepalm
    /closed
    First off I think you are smart enough to see that just because the system works perfectly in a situation doesn't prove that it doesn't have issues in other situations. Btw just because a person doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean that they are insane. I just don't get why so many people have this preconception when people talk about making the controls and system better.

Quote Originally Posted by Direclaw View Post
    Btw just because a person doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean that they are insane.
    Says the guy who replies enormous walls of text to every -1 post.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    Says the guy who replies enormous walls of text to every -1 post.
    It turns into a wall of text when I get lazy and stay a day or two without checking the forum, Imo if you don't reply posts the discussion will never go forward and you will never be able to deeper understand the issue, I usually only reply the -1 posts because its hard to generate a discussion without 2 different points of view. I also doesn't remember questioning anyone's sanity in my "walls of text".

Basic Member
    added to the common suggestion list.
    closing this thread as it gathered most of the available arguments by now.

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage