Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Animated Recluse Reef Denizen - how is that even remotely possible?

Quote Originally Posted by poogs View Post
    $70? that is pretty damn idiotic considering you can purchase the shirt right now from the valve store for $24.99. and it comes with the in-game shark item. and they have over 600 in stock
    it is idiotic, but people that don't pay for in game content may pay a lot in keys (dunno if $70 or $90 tho, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ham View Post
    Thanks for support guys and to the "mistake by trading it away because they will fix it":

"You bought a broken washing machine but, you now just need to wait for company that sold you broken washing machine to (some of these days - in the future_unknown) fix it!"

"But... I bought it to sell it now, I've had my calculations before I even bought it. Not to wait any time period or to scam any potentially customer by keeping quiet that it's broken..."

Why I buy and sell time breakers each day? So that, in 2 years from now, I will have 4 breakers that value 20-30 keys?

I do not have that luxury. I can get 200 breakers by that time. My point is:

For every item which I got and keep, I lose profit each minute (profit which I would make if I traded it away).

Same rule apply for Reef. I have no use of broken washing machine.
    They didn't say it had special effect and it doesn't so you got what you payed for - t shirt with an extra gift, and they don't make items so that you can make profit on them.

Basic Member
    it does look a bit stupid at the moment without any movement

I've got all the t-shirts items and I was terribly disappointed by the lack of animation of that fish since it was the item with the best potential to be cool, please valve make it at the same level of the other items.

Basic Member
    Am I the only one who noticed the part in the description "until tidehunter needed a flail"? I feel this thing might have been intended as a weapon, which would explain the rigidity... And I'd personally be happy with it changed to a weapon, since beating someone with a fish is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by verten View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed the part in the description "until tidehunter needed a flail"? I feel this thing might have been intended as a weapon, which would explain the rigidity... And I'd personally be happy with it changed to a weapon, since beating someone with a fish is always fun.
    Flails are floppy. They'll give it jigglebones eventually.

Basic Member
    I suppose it could be a weapon with jigglebones. I just think the description is a bit misleading, unless there's some sort of new definition for flail besides "something you hit people with". Also it'd be awesome to dual wield a Floppy Fish Flail (tm) with Squiddles.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrobangin View Post
    The analogy would be more fitting if you bought a washing machine, and a promotional stuffed toy that came free with the washing machine had a torn seam.
    IKR? Store says "T-Shirt", there's a photo of a T-Shirt on the page with a small "+ Bonus in-game item!" writing in the corner, yet people act as if they paid 30$ for the bonus item.

I really hope that stuff gets added to the store for 5$.

Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    Repro steps:
    -Buy a T-shirt with a gift

Result:
    -Realize the gift is ugly
    -Rage and trade it away
    -Think you did good

Expected Result:
    -At least give it 2 weeks to see if they fix the effect.
    -Realize Buy now -> Sell now it's not a really good business
    -User not crying

The Berserker's Witchslayer is an international mythical too and it doesn't have an effect this stuff happens, but u need to realize the product on sale was the shirt, the in game item is just a gift
    just letting you know, OP is right. buy now sell now is best, things may or may not change when the game is officially released

i don't think these items will be showing up in the store, so at best they will be retaining their value. worth it just to have 1 of each to equip, but i see no reason to horde them
    Last edited by poogs; 09-13-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Basic Member
    i am disapointed in Recluse Reef Denizen also. Tide holds it like a stick ..