Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Animated Recluse Reef Denizen - how is that even remotely possible?

Basic Member

Unhappy Non Animated Recluse Reef Denizen - how is that even remotely possible?

Dear Devs,

I am sorry to inform you that I am not satisfied with my newest purchase.

This is about new Tide off hand item - Reclusive Reef Denizen.

I felt the need to inform you that it is not O.K. to release nicely animated Trax bow (with all the effects etc.) and to do exact opposite with the new mythical Tide off-hand item (cannot say anything about Zebra, did not seen it in game so far).

Recluse Reef Denizen is not even lying on the ground, let alone with a nice effect like Squiddles and its trace of a green slime in game (another mythical Tide off hand; while I'm writing this, I've got two in my inventory because Tide is my favorite hero).

One can only assume why you did this - to release on the market fully animated mythical courier and Trax weapon AND Axe mythical weapon with in game effects (!) but completely and utterly forget to actually finish 3rd released item (for the exact same price - 25$) - my guess would be that you did not decided on how to animate it / what effect(s) to integrate.

I suggest you add loose tongue out of sharks (Squiddles got that funny face) mouth combined with dark blue / violet trace behind it (Squiddles got dark green).

Thank you for reading this and in a hope it will be animated as it should have been in the first place,

Ham
    Last edited by Mr.Ham; 09-06-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Basic Member
    Another suggestion.

While it leaves blue trace, animate on the item flowing water (like it seems it is still wet, just out of water - just a few lines of blue water) and make a water drops falling around it.

Even better - make it so that every 100-150 range, there is a little pool of water dropping from sharks body.

To conclude:

- Tongue that drops out of mouth
    - Animated or non animated traces of water on it (just came out of sea, fresh shark hehe)
    - Animated water drops around it
    - Dark blue trace of water starting from its tail with pools of water now and then - not perfect perfect circles please, make it seem like there is a either a liiitle bumpy terrain / askew on one side / hole on the terrain - your choice.

Thank you for your time regarding this matter in advance and I am looking forward to your response soon (at least let me know, if nothing changes I will not keep this item on me which I bought expecting to get what I paid for - full animated item for that price),

Ham

Basic Member
    No, this thread will NOT go into oblivion.

I am fully determined to take this issue to a higher hierarchy company level if this thread yields no result (will up this thread for the next 6 days).

"Releasing in secret store fully new animated Mythical courier, new Draw weapon and new Axe mythical weapon with in game effects and animation with the same price as the new 4th item released - Reef (off hand item for Tide) which was either a) deliberately put on market with intention to animate it later while adding effect on it, like those three items or b) way overpriced item compared to others (just mentioned) because it is poorly done and with no any real value on Dota 2 market, like in game trade channels and on the web (that product costs the same as others - around 25$)"
    Last edited by Mr.Ham; 09-07-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Basic Member
    Forget it.

I was so frustrated that I already traded it away in game. Well at least I got good lesson for the next time - never buy cat in a bag.

Basic Member
    Calm your bum.

Tide's off-hand items are notorious for animating badly. It'll get fixed, and you've kind of fucked yourself over by trading it away in a blind rage.

Did I miss anything? Where are these items coming from? There was no update and nothing new in the store/blog as I see it.
    Or those are some 'TI exclusive' items?

Basic Member
    These items are available @ http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?g=10

Axe axe for Axe shirt
    Drow bow for Drow shirt
    Tide offhand shark for Tide shirt
    The shitty wizard courier for shitty wizard shirt
    A zebra donkey for the plush donkeys

Also There is a jugg sword for buying this out of date looking mouse http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=EDT001
    although it doesnt say in the store menu a digital item is included so not sure if it still is... there is a reddit discussion @ http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/c..._inter_promos/

Edit: As mentioned below they were also being sold at The International
    Last edited by Cait_Sith; 09-07-2012 at 09:02 AM.

They are awarded for buying t-shirts at the event. As Monsterlord said they will probably fix it and you made a mistake by trading it.

Cait_Sith sneaked in while I was typing
    Last edited by Panter_d17; 09-07-2012 at 09:02 AM.

I personally loved the idea but I hated the execution on this item, it looks really bland and too realistic (not stylized enough) for a 'cool' factor. For now, I am just waiting for better weapons and off-hand items for tide.

Basic Member
    Thanks for support guys and to the "mistake by trading it away because they will fix it":

"You bought a broken washing machine but, you now just need to wait for company that sold you broken washing machine to (some of these days - in the future_unknown) fix it!"

"But... I bought it to sell it now, I've had my calculations before I even bought it. Not to wait any time period or to scam any potentially customer by keeping quiet that it's broken..."

Why I buy and sell time breakers each day? So that, in 2 years from now, I will have 4 breakers that value 20-30 keys?

I do not have that luxury. I can get 200 breakers by that time. My point is:

For every item which I got and keep, I lose profit each minute (profit which I would make if I traded it away).

Same rule apply for Reef. I have no use of broken washing machine.