Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how to improve DotA 2 performance (confirmed by me)

Banned
    it really works. However, you don't have to apply every line to the game. Well, it won't look graphically good. but, its worth for better performance.

Basic Member
    One thing I'd like to point out is a high cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate, while useful to modify in source engine games if the server allows it, will have no effect in DOTA 2 currently. The servers are configured to allow a maximum of 30 updates and command packets sent per second. As a result, any values higher than "cl_updaterate 30" and "cl_cmdrate 30" will have no effect over the setting of 30. To fix this, the server operators must change sv_maxupdaterate and sv_maxcmdrate. I'd also recommend against a 1 millisecond smoothtime. This would lead to glaring animation changes when a discrepancy between predicted frames and actual frames occurs.

Basic Member
    Or you can simply add more RAM. My games stopped stuttering (spiking) ever since I doubled my RAM.
    And trust me, it's not going to cost as much as an unusual courier.

Quote Originally Posted by nucl34rgg View Post
    One thing I'd like to point out is a high cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate, while useful to modify in source engine games if the server allows it, will have no effect in DOTA 2 currently. The servers are configured to allow a maximum of 30 updates and command packets sent per second. As a result, any values higher than "cl_updaterate 30" and "cl_cmdrate 30" will have no effect over the setting of 30. To fix this, the server operators must change sv_maxupdaterate and sv_maxcmdrate. I'd also recommend against a 1 millisecond smoothtime. This would lead to glaring animation changes when a discrepancy between predicted frames and actual frames occurs.
    if the client corrects the issue with smoothtime being off or on a lower setting the client/player is allowed to react quicker due to the updated information. this is only a real issue on higher latency games as well more so then lower latency games.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Options like nod3d9ex can create serious graphical glitches in your game so I wouldn't recommend it
    I have been using nod3d9ex since last year's September and I have yet to encounter a graphical glitch that could affect my gameplay.

It boosted my fps to 35-40 to 60+

Basic Member
    anyone tried RAM disk?

Basic Member
    all these thing not enough for good performance, wait valves in game improvement work or buy a better graphic card

Basic Member
    i also have been using it before.. but no it gives me glitches bad alt tab delay and messed up graphics in game.. but i really do need it cuz without it my fps is 20.. other than this options and render quality nothing will get my fps up
    Last edited by marius87; 01-31-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Basic Member
    i also have been using it before.. but now it gives me glitches bad alt tab delay and messed up graphics in game.. but i really do need it cuz without it my fps is 20.. other than this options and render quality nothing will get my fps up

Basic Member
    cl_updaterate is only allowed 30 or less. That's sad. Because I used 60 before and my ping was 40-70 less than now. Valve what you have done ??? :'(((