Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Valve Secret Shop Digital Unlock Items Available in Dota2 Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Make Valve Secret Shop Digital Unlock Items Available in Dota2 Store

I realy hope that Valve can make the Digital Unlock Items from the Valve secret shop to be available in Dota2 Store.

Digital Unlock items :-

Courier - Dolfrat & Roshinante
    Courier - Zonkey
    Axe - Wyvernguard Edge
    Drow - Bow of the Howling Wind
    Tide - Recluse Reef Denizen

The main reason is because :-

1.Doesnt fair for some people from other countries except USA & Europe that they have to pay high shipping costs & delays.

2.People who own this Digital items selling/trade those items for at least for 15keys/37$ Usd per item, I mean come on guys, 1 mythical item for 37$Usd?? Realy?!!

Basic Member
    And you really don't want to know for how much people trade 'The Defense Season 2 War Dog' or 'Kantusa The Script Sword'.

At first I was exactly the same point as you are now and then I found it out. Ask yourself a question. Why they should? Because of you? Because of me? Because of some other guys who want to own exclusive items just because they are exclusive or limited? The T-shirt is more valuable because of exclusive item. Not so many people would buy it then. The same with tournament tickets or other accessories, people are much more willing to buy them now, if they also contain (or they have a prediction they will contain) an exclusive item.

What I agree, it would be cool to have a larger distribution channel, simply if there would be possibility to buy any t-shirt, keyboard or plush donkey from any country possible for fair price. As for example with SteelSeries Kana Dota 2 Edition Bundle, I did not find a way to buy it in Europe. I am still interesting in this bundle, even if there is no exclusive item available, but currently there is no chance to buy this in Europe.

Small edit: Mouse seems to be available also for EU here
    Last edited by hideaway; 09-10-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hideaway View Post
    And you really don't want to know for how much people trade 'The Defense Season 2 War Dog' or 'Kantusa The Script Sword'.

At first I was exactly the same point as you are now and then I found it out. Ask yourself a question. Why they should? Because of you? Because of me? Because of some other guys who want to own exclusive items just because they are exclusive or limited? The T-shirt is more valuable because of exclusive item. Not so many people would buy it then. The same with tournament tickets or other accessories, people are much more willing to buy them now, if they also contain (or they have a prediction they will contain) an exclusive item.

What I agree, it would be cool to have a larger distribution channel, simply if there would be possibility to buy any t-shirt, keyboard or plush donkey from any country possible for fair price. As for example with SteelSeries Kana Dota 2 Edition Bundle, I did not find a way to buy it in Europe. I am still interesting in this bundle, even if there is no exclusive item available, but currently there is no chance to buy this in Europe.

Small edit: Mouse seems to be available also for EU here
    Exactly what you said, i just hope the digital items to be available in the dota2 store not the shirt, etc.

well of course it does not seems fair, those people who live at another country except US and Europe, how on earth they gonna get it with the same price?? it could spend them twice the expenses if they want the safety delivery yes?

Well that sword is only uncommon quality, idk how much people would offer/trade/selling but for sure the price will be insane :P

Just imagine today you buy/trade those items for 50keys and somehow tomorrow valve sell it in the store for 5$ now who looking silly??

Basic Member
    what? fuck that. i didn't pay 40 dollars for the wizard donkey shirt just so you could get the digital unlock for 5 dollars 2 weeks later

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    what? fuck that. i didn't pay 40 dollars for the wizard donkey shirt just so you could get the digital unlock for 5 dollars 2 weeks later
    Yep. Making them available in-game destroys the value and is a bad show for anybody that bought the physical good just to unlock it.

Your complaint isn't for Valve to allow you to buy the item, it's for Valve to offer international shipping. But don't they?
    NOTICE INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Your order may be subject to additional Import/Duty Fees and/or VAT or other local taxes that are not reflected in your order total. Any such additional fees or taxes are the sole responsibility of the customer and may be charged at delivery.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    But people aren't getting the shirt lol

you payed for the shirt, the extra was an extra

People nowadays are crazy

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    But people aren't getting the shirt lol

And how much are you willing to bet that a majority of the purchases are just for the 'extra'? It wasn't a freebie, it was a selling point.

Either way, the wording of calling the in-game items 'exclusive' means that they won't be available in any other medium. Otherwise: false advertisement. Just buy a shirt.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

the shirt was never advertised without mention of the courier and there was a display set near the secret shop that showed roshinante and dolfrat as bundled with the shirt

it wasn't an "extra" (like the trading cards were for spending over $40) and i don't care how you see it.

Basic Member
    By the same logic, it isn't fair that it costs me $90AUS dollars just to ACCESS most videogames, whereas it's only about $55AUS dollars for Americans. That's just how the world works.

Basic Member
    Either way, the wording of calling the in-game items 'exclusive' means that they won't be available in any other medium. Otherwise: false advertisement. Just buy a shirt.
    Did they say the items were exclusive? Nothing says exclusive on the store page.

And since I'm a normal person I'm not spending 35€ to order a T-shirt just because there's an unlockable in it. That's moronic.

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=CJ009

Btw the store page says "T-Shirt" and then "+ Digital Unlock" in the corner.

If you bought the shirt because of the "+ Digital Unlock" I think you paid for the wrong product.