Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Firefly + Frostbite

Basic Member

Firefly + Frostbite

i dont know if that was a wc3 limitation, but in dota1 u couldnt frostbite batrider during his firefly.
    in dota2 it works :/

Basic Member
    If you're not sure, use the brainstorming section.

And sounds like an intended fix in my opinion.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

I am 99% sure it is intended.

Frostbite is based off Entangle in DotA1, because it was the only hard coded spell to disable movement, deal damage, allow spells, as well as ministunning at the start. And that wasn't castable on flying units.

Basic Member
    When not sure whether a thing is a bug or not please do use the Mechanics & Gameplay Bug Brainstorming section - I have moved this thread there now.

It is intended, there were several targeting issues when allowing Batrider to become a flying unit during Firefly (thus making him able to pass over cliffs and so on) that could not have been solved in any clean way in DotA 1.

If I understood this: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...11&postcount=5
    correctly, then this cannot be intended.

I'm pretty sure it's an intended change. There is simply no way in warcraft to add the flying advantages without disabling frostbite.

Okay, I read the link I've put once again, and yeah, it is not possible for entangle to affect units with flying movement type.
    I thought that flying target type was the issue...

I still think that it should work as it worked on DotA, though. Simply because why not..?

It was an engine limitation which makes this a pretty obvious fix

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Well, but it was giving the Batrider for example an ability to evade potential Frostbite from a Crystal Maiden nearby with his Firefly...
    I mean, why prevent him from doing this on Dota 2? Whether we consider it as a intended fix or not, this will be a nerf to Firefly while being ported from DotA to Dota 2.

And, I also wonder one thing: Why can Entangle/Ensnare/EarthBind target a fireflying Batrider but Frostbite can't..? I have just tested them all to make sure, and they all work, but the Frostbite doesn't.

Well, that would mean, bad creation by icefrog.