View Poll Results: Should Invoker be able to see his spell cooldowns?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 54.77%
  • No

90 45.23%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Invoker: The Only Hero Who Doesn't Know His Own Cooldowns

Basic Member
    I don't see how can it be clustered if done properly, like adding a buff that only he and his allies can see with the icon of the spell and the buff is a cooldown indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    I don't see how can it be clustered if done properly, like adding a buff that only he and his allies can see with the icon of the spell and the buff is a cooldown indicator.
    Even if its shown as a buff indicator, you could have up to 8 small icons at a time crowding up your buff bar, alongside other buffs Invoker might have. While I'd agree this would be an easy way to implement, personally I don't think I'll be able to glean useful information from that.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    I don't like implementing it as buffs either. But I think it could be easily implemented in the "?" menu on the side of the invoke button. Just write cooldowns as numbers next to spell names.
    Last edited by budwing; 09-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.

-1. I believe that while this would help some new players, it would also be detrimental to both new and old players by either cluttering the screen or just making them not learn what invoker's spell does properly(yes cooldown is part of the spell) and I've seen people learning to combo invoker's spell better while not looking at the cds on them and just not going back to casted spells. Most of them are low cooldown except for ghost walk which is 1min and you should not encourage people to take time to look at the cd on his spells during fights, they will be more useful just creating a random other spell they did not cast yet and throwing it away then looking at the cd of the few spells they already threw.

Quote Originally Posted by budwing View Post
    I don't like implementing it as buffs either. But I think it could be easily implemented in the "?" menu on the side of the invoke button. Just write cooldowns as numbers next to spell names.
    This. And +1.
    [ASU]LC -during Duel,+50% bonus damage+150% MoC
    [Tweak] Make Refresher viable for Venomancer!!!

[Aghanim's Suggestion] Sniper: missile damages units it pierces through
    GENERATION 23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Invoker is already one of the best heroes in the game and has incredible versatility. The fact that you need to remember cooldowns for his myriad abilities is one of the things which helps balance him out.

Basic Member
    +1 One way to show the cooldowns would be to add tiny shrunk down icons of the spells by 'Invoke' with small numbers by each icon for the spell possibly.

Dendi doesn't need tooltips. How about we fucking do away with tooltips. Who needs spell descriptions and cooldowns? Fuck that shit, I'mma be pro. Manacost? Current movespeed? Balls, I know all that from memory. Let's just do away with the HUD altogether, leaving 1 button for PRO-RAGEQUIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    Artificial difficulty at its best.
    You guys really need to stop with this crap.
    what i meant is that there's already lots of ways to intuitively tell his cd's, but you have to play him enough to know them.

fire spirit duration
    number of invokes
    spell combos, cycle (you can only 'tetris in' certain combos at specific times, opting for different branches as time permits)
    casting rhythm
    force staff cd
    eul's cd
    many more

just like any hero that has to judge range or when to activate abilities, etc. you can easily say anything you have to learn is 'artificially difficult'

Quote Originally Posted by budwing View Post
    I could see this, and have it bound to a key so it pops in and out like the scoreboard does
    Last edited by poogs; 09-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Basic Member
    cant believe someone said 'artificial difficulty' in this thread

please see your way out