Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Update Notes - September 12, 2012

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    Well , that is if you think what they meant was "right after" , knowing Valve and their ways of releasing, connect the dots? I'm not sure about priding themselves with pleasing everyone but , you know how they take forever to get stuff done, but they do get it done, even after all the bashing , they still get that shit out and people love it.
    They actually said "once" and we already gave them a week.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Okay I've just seen the changes to Enchantress' face and I'm joining the pitchfork wielding mob.
    It is the most UGLY thing, jesus lord. Why did they change it? She used to be the most attractive of all the females in DOTA2, and she's half a deer for goodness sake

Well , that is if you think what they meant was "right after" , knowing Valve and their ways of releasing, connect the dots? I'm not sure about priding themselves with pleasing everyone but , you know how they take forever to get stuff done, but they do get it done, even after all the bashing , they still get that shit out and people love it. I don't think what they say is "whenever I feel like it." but more of "when it's properly ready.", although an assumption, that's usually how the stuff gets out goes.
    It's not what I think. It's what is commonly accepted as the meaning behind the phrase. Valve releasing contently slowly without timetables is not the same as saying a timetable and then not delivering. I really would like you to reread the posts you think argue that point and then rethink that.

Your point that Valve making great content excuses them from releasing content when they say they will is called a strawman fallacy. It has nothing to do with why people are getting upset so don't use it as a rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hunter Vile View Post
    It's not what I think. It's what is commonly accepted as the meaning behind the phrase. Valve releasing contently slowly without timetables is not the same as saying a timetable and then not delivering. I really would like you to reread the posts you think argue that point and then rethink that.

Your point that Valve making great content excuses them from releasing content when they say they will is called a strawman fallacy. It has nothing to do with why people are getting upset so don't use it as a rebuttal.
    I'm not trying to use Valve making great content as an excuse or an argument, I'm trying just state that they do, so that people can at least move past the fact, that they have to wait.

If you could grab the main point of my earlier post it was, if you know how Valve goes, you'd know you have to wait, even if they had said RIGHT AFTER, they could take weeks. YES, definitely, they could be releasing this stuff faster, I'd love that, I'm upset that there isn't a new hero too but I just don't see all this bashing and rage to be necessary, unless you really think that because they didn't release a new hero for two weeks, is enough to bash the company as a whole, such as what's been going on in the earlier 20 pages of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntersteve View Post
    "Once" means as soon as in this situation, still really no indication as to when, after the international is over. Also, wait another week, can't you?
    Last edited by Sypher; 09-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntersteve View Post

You are welcome to leave the beta until the game is finished if their level of updates are not up to your standards. Who's "we" by the way? And what does this disgruntled group plan to do about the perceived lack of hero releases besides moaning about it on the forums? Nothing? Oh... Carry on then.

Basic Member

I mean, just so we're all clear, Valve didn't give any specific date. They didn't make this grand promise of a massive patch with tons of new stuff and heroes, they didn't say they'd release it the first patch after TI2, they didn't break any promise made to anyone. They're releasing content as it's finished and stable. There's an awful lot of entitlement going on around here.

Basic Member
    "Once" means as soon as in this situation, still really no indication as to when, after the international is over. Also, wait another week, can't you?
    Fear not, we will continue to work on new heroes internally, getting them ready for a release once The International is over.

I already waited a week.

Well goodnight. I'm too tired to counter every fallacy in this thread.

Please reread and apply critical thinking. This is not an insult. Don't get offended.

Basic Member

Please reread and apply critical thinking. This is not an insult. Don't get offended.
    Same to many drones here.

Don't take every point as an argument, a lot of things can be statements too.