Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Update Notes - September 12, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JGoldman
    I mean, just so we're all clear, Valve didn't give any specific date. They didn't make this grand promise of a massive patch with tons of new stuff and heroes, they didn't say they'd release it the first patch after TI2, they didn't break any promise made to anyone. They're releasing content as it's finished and stable. There's an awful lot of entitlement going on around here.
    This is more true than words can describe accurately.

Meh, I'm a bit disappointed by this patch, to say the least :/

As someone pointed out, why is this on the Test Client when there's nothing to test? The Critical Bugs forum still doesn't have a post about a critical bug. Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntersteve View Post
    Fear not, we will continue to work on new heroes internally, getting them ready for a release once The International is over.

I already waited a week.
    I think what they mean is that they'll go back working on new heroes and fixing bugs after TI2.

Basic Member

disappointing +1

I think that Icefrog got drunk after TE2 and never came back to office. And now valve staff just can't release new heroes without their boss. So they are waited one week and then made a small update just for the record. What do you think about my theory?

Banned
    I have to say a thing... Im disapointed Valve. Sorry, but you had 6 weeks!! and no new heroes ...................

i know where all of the disappointed guys are coming from, im also disappointed as well.

"think of this test build update as a way to catch up to the main client."

you guys haven't noticed that they haven't updated the test client with the last 3 heroes update (the one that includes KotL).
    and now they have been added to the test build.

by next week, everything would go back to normal.
    the test build will be updated every Wednesday (Thursday on some areas) and the main build would be updated on Thursday (Friday on some areas).
    and i'm sure next week is the week for a new hero, don't expect 2-3 heroes or you'll just end up in disappointment again like most of us are doing now.
    Meepo is surely guaranteed to be the first one to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuperMorten View Post
    I have to say a thing... Im disapointed Valve. Sorry, but you had 6 weeks!! and no new heroes ...................
    can't blame you.
    but Valve didn't said anything about any release dates for a huge update just after TI2.
    we're disappointed coz we keep on expecting things.

and those 6 weeks, i think they're just either preparing for TI2 or they're just relaxing and watching TI2 matches.
    Last edited by aeon44; 09-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.

One word.

Fuuuuuuuu....

Basic Member
    epic patch is epic

To think, I was hoping that they'd update some of Sam Mowry's heroes. But nope, it's just Venge, WR, Lina and Puck as far as I can tell. And again, Venge has no new death lines.

At least there's a nuke...
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.