Thread: [Suggestion] Extend the new unit control icon system to all summoned/controlled units

[Suggestion] Extend the new unit control icon system to all summoned/controlled units

I particularly enjoy the new control group icons system used with Lone Druid, it really eases the process of controlling multiple units especially for players like me who occasionally feel overwhelmed and confused when playing such heroes. Having the HP bars displayed there is also very handy.

I would suggest extending this feature to all skill-based summoned units and controlled units (perhaps making this an "optional" feature activatable in the Settings menu) by automatically putting summoned units in new control groups and adding other icons to the top-left of the screen. This would make playing characters like Chen and Visage SO much easier!

Since all heroes can take control of more than one unit with Helm of the Dominator and Necronomicon, I would only make the main hero's icon appear when control of a second unit is granted.
    Last edited by Bleako; 09-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Basic Member
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'm pretty sure this subforum is meant to receive bug report feedback only, not suggestions.

I think for this kind of suggestion, you would to make it after this update actually comes out tomorrow, into a related subforum.

I agree. I was initially going to report it as a bug, but I'm actually unsure if they intended to do it or not. To be honest since this is one of the main features of this patch and it's incredibly limited, I figured it should be noted ASAP.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    I agree. I was initially going to report it as a bug, but I'm actually unsure if they intended to do it or not. To be honest since this is one of the main features of this patch and it's incredibly limited, I figured it should be noted ASAP.
    What happens when you try assigning groups though? Have you tried getting neutrals with Chen and then doing Ctrl+key (Group 1)? It doesn't show the grouping in the left top corner at all after that (and selected)?

I do think the new way this grouping display was meant to work, was with every single minion based character (Broodmother, Chen, Enigma, Enchantress, Visage, etc.) and with Helm of the Dominator being used. Kinda odd if it doesn't actually work like that whatsoever.

I haven't tried this Build yet, so I wouldn't be able to try it myself, but I do think it's rather weird they would implement something like that, and not make it work with other groupings.

Quote Originally Posted by HotZin View Post
    What happens when you try assigning groups though?
    It doesn't show them, no new icon appears.

This is why I wasn't sure if I should make a suggestion or a bug report. To me, having these icons would be very useful and would even let new players get better and microing.