View Poll Results: Which Enchantress model is better?

Voters
670. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old original model!

487 72.69%
  • New Sept 12th patch model!

183 27.31%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Enchantress's new face; community poll.

Actually her face looks like the template used for all the female champions in League of Legends, which is scarier.

I find it mind-blowing that people are agreeing with the change at all. Not only the previous design was absolutely perfect for the character, but it was also done in a way higher quality than the new one. At this point I'm believing that people just vote against for the sake of doing so.
    +1

old one +1

Basic Member
    I don't understand the argument where she didn't look young before... round face, giant eyes isn't young, it's anime. It's infantile. Old Enchantress looked young and youthful while maintaining the mythical vibe of a forest spirit. I wonder if people who think she looked old have ever seen her portrait in-game, 'cause IMO it's the only way one could think so
    i said she looks YOUNGER not young or the old one looks old. Just in comparison the new one looks younger than the old one. And well you cannot argue about opionions and ways of vision of other people. So accept that other people see something different they you do. I accept your opinion aswell without saying "you never looked at her".

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorror View Post
    i said she looks YOUNGER not young or the old one looks old. Just in comparison the new one looks younger than the old one. And well you cannot argue about opionions and ways of vision of other people. So accept that other people see something different they you do. I accept your opinion aswell without saying "you never looked at her".
    I'm saying so because this goes beyond my opinion. The new model is lower quality and it looks bad from a technical standpoint, it looks infantile whereas the previous one looked appropriate to the character. If people say that infantile equates to young, I can't help but point out their idea is twisted. In the thread about the Drow update I just stated my opinion and I had nothing to say against those who disagreed, but in this case I can't help but think that whoever's standing by the changes is doing so out of stubborness and poor taste dictated by anime culture rather than careful consideration and obejctiveness.

I'm also rather tired of the "it's your opinion" type of excuse to back up poor taste, and that's why I really, really wish dev companies stopped taking user feedback about aesthetics and focused on bug reports instead, letting artists do their job meanwhile. Artists are there for a reason. Games who base their design upon user feedback end up looking like Tera or LoL.

New face is better. Now she is even more cute!!! Now she is looking gipsy and it's cool

Look at the old model: there are no eyes on that face.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'm saying so because this goes beyond my opinion. The new model is lower quality and it looks bad from a technical standpoint, it looks infantile whereas the previous one looked appropriate. If people say that infantile equates to young, I can't help but point out their idea is twisted. In the thread about the Drow update I just stated my opinion and I had nothing to say against those who disagreed, but in this case I can't help but think that whoever's standing by the changes is doing so out of stubborness and poor taste dictated by anime culture rather than careful consideration and obejctiveness.
    I agree man. The old one is far more classy, original, and charming. She's supposed to be a mysterious forest create so this suits her perfectly.
    The new one is terribly anime-like, eyes are completely out of proportion, bland looking face all-round.

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    New face is better. Now she is even more cute!!! Now she is looking gipsy and it's cool

Look at the old model: there are no eyes on that face.
    ^ this is what we are dealing with

i dont like this face :|
    its kinda weird... bad proportions too >.<

I'd say that they can revert the portrait a tiddybit back so that she wouldn't give you that adorable souldrilling voidwrenching animu stare but the model itself is oi boi. Quite a bit better, even though Enchantress really isn't one of the heroes who would require an emergency fix.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Something seems off, the new one doesn't look finished, the face doesn't animate expressions and the textures don't look better.

As is though, it would *seem* the new one lacks personality compared to the old one. *but it is hard to tell how much/what personality her new one has until it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivlon View Post
    ^ this is what we are dealing with
    are u kidding me???

Old ench:

New ench:

What's better?