Thread: [Confirmed] Urn of Shadows heal isn't dispelled by Roshan

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Urn of Shadows heal isn't dispelled by Roshan

Summary:
    The heal from Urn of Shadows isn't dispelled when getting attacked by Roshan

Repro:
    1) Pick any hero, grab Urn of Shadows
    2) Create an enemy and kill him, to get charges
    3) Go and attack Roshan, and use Urn's heal on yourself

Result:
    Healing effect continues for its whole duration

Expected Result:
    Healing effect should stop the moment you get attacked

Basic Member
    This is a clear example of just spouting random things you think are a bug on the forums without even looking up if they're actually indeed a bug.

This is intended, worked this way in WC3, and the item itself specifically states that the heal is stopped when the hero has taken damage from either a tower or an enemy hero.

Close thread?

Basic Member
    actually the playdota.com description says:
    If an ally is targeted, it is healed for 400 HP over 8 seconds (this effect ends if the hero takes damage from a source other than Sentinel, Scourge or neutral creeps)
    and that should include roshan as a cancel to urn.

tested in wc3 dota and roshan dispells urn.

added to sticky.
    Last edited by blash365; 09-15-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desvelga View Post
    This is a clear example of just spouting random things you think are a bug on the forums without even looking up if they're actually indeed a bug.

This is intended, worked this way in WC3, and the item itself specifically states that the heal is stopped when the hero has taken damage from either a tower or an enemy hero.

Close thread?
    Roshan cancels urn in Dota 1. Way to suck and not know what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by Desvelga View Post

Close thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    Roshan cancels urn in Dota 1. Way to suck and not know what you are talking about.
    ^^ :O BURN!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOG View Post
    ^^ :O BURN!
    Are you petty or just dumb? Don't post stupid comments like this without any insight at all. All you're doing is instigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    I haven't played DoTA1 in a long time and played a few patches back. This was an old bug and was me misremembering. It was fixed in version 6.69.

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.69

* Fixed Roshan not dispelling Urn of Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    actually the playdota.com description says:

and that should include roshan as a cancel to urn.

tested in wc3 dota and roshan dispells urn.

added to sticky.
    My mistake. Old bug that I misremembered as a feature back from 6.69. Description needs a change then to include Roshan. Unless this was a deliberate balance change? It's been being done for well over a year or so now and I would say something as big as this should've been noticed by now.

Thought it could be the same sort of oversight that Dark Seer Wall had.

Are you petty or just dumb? Don't post stupid comments like this without any insight at all. All you're doing is instigating.

Actually neither, I was just having some fun. Sorry that you cant have a little bit of fun poked at you without taking offense.

Description needs a change then to include Roshan.
    From http://www.playdota.com/items this should be the correct tooltip:
    If an ally is targeted, it is healed for 400 HP over 8 seconds (this effect ends if the hero takes damage from a source other than Sentinel, Scourge or neutral creeps).

I thought this was already reported somewhere, the same bug as Tranquil Boots + Roshan (which is fixed IIRC)