Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conflict between Dragon Knight in-game textures and workshop textures

I'd much prefer in-game textures textures to be updated, but yeah, at least that's something.
    But i really like gold, just like all the people do.
    Im just saying. Yeahh, just saying.

:sadface:

DAVION 2012

I liked the old golden DK. I believe they changed it because it was looking too much like Silencer...

Valve Developer
    the zip file has been update, however it may be some time before it makes it through the CDN

Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    I liked the old golden DK. I believe they changed it because it was looking too much like Silencer...
    Except it was the other way. Why the hell not change Silencer instead since he was added later than DK?

Basic Member
    I'll update the DK content on the website
    I think that would be the wrong update to make tbh. It sounds like everyone prefers the gold trim.

The Silencer argument surely can't be valid. They have completely different postures, completely different weapons and shields, completely different skills, attack at different ranges, Silencer will have his own cosmetics and (hopefully) Last Word aura eventually, nobody had trouble telling them apart with equally similar models in the original Dota, and DK's cosmetic items opt for a gold trim which people haven't complained about.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    The Silencer argument surely can't be valid. They have completely different postures, completely different weapons and shields, completely different skills, attack at different ranges, Silencer will have his own cosmetics and (hopefully) Last Word aura eventually, nobody had trouble telling them apart with equally similar models in the original Dota, and DK's cosmetic items opt for a gold trim which people haven't complained about.
    I'm fairly sure that was the official reason for DK's color scheme change.

Basic Member
    Well it's a shitty, unfounded reason >,>

Basic Member
    Just wanted to say thanks to the OP, great topic, the info and resolution of issue has helped a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    I'm fairly sure that was the official reason for DK's color scheme change.
    Yesterday I found myself mistaken, thinking the opposing team had picked silencer and I was going to be screwed as Disruptor. Because the protraits have very similar colors and looks. It's easy to be mistaken at first glance.
    D̶̪̏̇͛͂̈̊̏O̬͉̱̭̤̐ͤ͝T̥̼̗̦̯͙ͣ͐ͮͨ͛̐Ä̩̣̖̘̖͍̹͐ͮ̊ͣ̆̎ ̗͖̘̲̝͔̅͐̀̎͗͌̐2̢̔̄ͭ̋͌̾

Dragon Knight needs to have gold layers both in-game and on the downloadable models. This is how he was before, this is how the cosmetic items are, but in-game, he has black outlines.

I reported the issue twice in the last year and it wasn't fixed, sadly...