Thread: Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman

Born somewhere in the bleeding hills, Rhasta was just a starving youngling when picked up by a travelling con-man. For two pins of copper, the old con-man would tell your fortune. For three, he’d castrate your pig, for five, he’d circumcise your sons. For a good meal, he’d don his shaman garb, read from his ancient books, and lay a curse upon your enemies. His strange new youngling, part hill trowle, part…something else, worked as assistant and lent an air of the exotic to the con-man’s trade. Always one step ahead of cheated customers, one town ahead of a pursuing patronage, the two trekked across the blighted lands until one day the con-man realized that the little youngling could actually do what he only pretended at. The youngling had a gift—a gift they could market. And so Rhasta was thrust before the crowds, and the trade-name Shadow Shaman was born. The two continued from town to town, conjuring for money as the Shadow Shaman’s reputation grew. Eventually, the pair’s duplicitous past caught up with them, and they were ambushed by a mob of swindled ex-clients. The con-man was slain, and for the first time, the Shadow Shaman used his powers for darkness, massacring the attackers where they stood. He buried his beloved master, and now uses his powers to destroy any who would seek to do him harm.

I like it but i want more Voodoo LoA's,,, in this story...

Voodoo is a strong yet very omnious religion which can be a great part of the lore a con man story etc. can be used on heroes for which it's hard to find a story for basicly. This one has a really strong fundament which isn't really used at all....

It feels like this story is just not meant for Rhasta... it's a good story nonetheless.

Basic Member
    The part about the Con-man could be more concise other than that I like it. All the talk of younglings makes me feel like that guy from starwards is going to be slaying some of them.

Basic Member
    Use the name Rhasta or Shadow Shaman, when new players begin to play DOTA2 (People who haven't played Dota1) it might be confusing. So stick to either Shadow Shaman or Rhasta.
    Aka NamDohtem on PlayDotA.com
    Danish DOTA2 Steam Community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTA2DK

^

>.>

If some call it rhasta and some call it shammy it's more annoying for the users... just go by rank, followed by name and explain their names in their background stories...

Basic Member
    I think it is a great story.
    When will we learn why the heroes fight this particular battle?