Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

Basic Member

Exclamation Is this normal?

Ok I just unboxed 70+ chests and went pretty much through all the series chests 1 till invoker chests.
    What i found in my 70+ chests.
    about 50 Strange Commons
    2-3 Strange modifiers
    7-8 Strange Uncommons
    2-3 Strange Rares.

How is it possible to unbox 70+ chests and not get 1 unusual. Not even one.
    Also I'd like to point out that Series 1-2 chests dropped only Commons and Uncommons (unboxed somewhere around 25).
    The unboxing happened after the last update.

I hope i posted in the right section.
    Last edited by murysor; 09-17-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Banned
    Is it normal to buy 70+ keys? O_o

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Is it normal to buy 70+ keys? O_o
    i never said i bought the keys. Traded all i had in my inventory for keys and unboxed. That's not the issue I'm currently confronting with. Stay on topic please.

Basic Member
    yes, this is normal.

Basic Member
    the chances to get unusual courier is 2% i think its normal

Basic Member
    Someone doesn't understand what random means.

Don't assume that by opening 100+ boxes you're guaranteeing yourself a courier. Every box has the same chances of every item, regardless of how many you've opened already.

the chance NOT to get an unusual courier when opening one chest is 0.98% so opening 70 chests makes the chance 0.98%^70 = 24.3%. so the chance of actually getting an unusual courier was 75.7%. kinda unlucky for you, but not too amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    the chance NOT to get an unusual courier when opening one chest is 0.98% so opening 70 chests makes the chance 0.98%^70 = 24.3%. so the chance of actually getting an unusual courier was 75.7%. kinda unlucky for you, but not too amazing.
    Your statistics while correct are misleading. chance has no effect on what actually happens. Each chest has the same chance of giving a courier. Opening more does not give the next one a higher chance. You just have more chances to get lucky.

Basic Member
    Can i ask someone from valve to say: What chance (%) we have to get common / uncommon / rare / mythical from random drop and from opening chest? I think that everyone want to know this. And if no, why? If you afraid that less players will buy keys, just tell about random drop chances because it doesn't change anything.

And i want to ask how these chances work? Do you know which chest have courier for example, or opening will generate item randomly?

If you take money for buying keys this info should be official.

Basic Member
    Still this seems Glitchy to me. Fine I'll get back to you guys when i open 200+ chests and still won't get an unusual.