Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Riki Smoke Bomb Not Instantly Silencing

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Riki Smoke Bomb Not Instantly Silencing

dota2://matchid=41537072&matchtime=795

Summary:
    Silence from Riki's Smoke Screen should prevent Lycan from using his ultimate after coming out of Shadow Demon's Disruption, but it does not.

Repro Steps:
    1. Use Shadow Demon's Disruption on Lycan
    2. Drop Riki's Smoke Screen on the Disruption
    3. Spam the everloving crap out of Lycan's Ultimate and get away

Result:
    Lycan's Ultimate is cast after coming out of Disruption, unprevented by the AoE silence effect of Riki's Smoke Screen. Calls of "man, that's total bullshit" go out on Skype.

Expected Result:
    When Lycan comes out of Disruption he should be silenced from Riki's Smoke Screen, rendering him unable to cast his Ultimate and get away. It would appear the silence effect isn't applied fast enough.

Last edited by bu3ny; 10-02-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added videos

I tried reproducing this by only using Rikimaru and Lycan. Tried blinking in a Smokescreen and casting Shapeshift by shift-queuing. I couldn't manage to do that.

However, I reproduce the exact same by disrupting Lycan with Shadow Demon, and casting Smokescreen with Riki and then spamming R on Lycan to Shapeshift immediately. I was successful on my every try.
    And then tried the same with Disruptor's Ultimate, instead of Riki's Smokescreen. Again, I could manage to shapeshift with ease by spamming R right before the Disruption ends.

By far, I think this issue is about Shadow Demon's Disruption, rather than Riki's Smokescreen or other AoE effects.

Edit:
    - And with Naga's Ultimate. Casting order: Disruption > Song of Siren > Shapeshift
    - And with Enigma's Black Hole.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 09-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.

what about astral imprisonment?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    what about astral imprisonment?
    Same thing applies each for Riki's Smoke, Disruptor's Static Field, Naga's Song of Siren and Enigma's Black Hole.

I'm not sure if this was the case on W3 DotA, and it is impossible for me to check that by myself.
    But even if it was like this on W3 DotA, I think it was just because of the engine limitations and needs to be fixed.

Maybe by letting the outer effects to work through both Astral Imprisonment and Disruption for like .1 second before their effect ends.

This is somewhat related to this thread. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=53463

From what I have tested, any action (that has no cast time) queued while disabled takes priority over most other effects. Note the example of a queued BKB going off while a Chronosphere is already on top of the hero. You don't even need to spam click the button- just once will queue it and activate it the instant you are not disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by EmblemLord View Post
    This is somewhat related to this thread. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=53463
    That thread of yours explains them all. The reason I was using Shapeshift was also because that it can be casted instantly. And I think this is just not right.
    Disrupt Naix, Disruptor comes, hoping to trap him like a bug with both his Static and Kinetic Field.
    Naix spams (or "queues" like you've said) his Rage, kills them both. Because he's that badass.

Same thing with Weaver and his Time Lapse.

If possible, it would be nice for a mod to edit the thread and original post to expand on the extent of this bug. It applies to more than just banish spells (basically any disable that makes you invulnerable like Cyclone or Song of the Siren also have this bug with queued actions). This basically makes comboing with Song of the Siren impossible since a zero cast time BKB will go off regardless of what you combo next into it, be it Ravage, Black Hole, or Chronosphere (though the latter two do work on BKBed targets, it should not even go off in the first place).

This is also with Black Hole/Chronosphere already present and casted BEFORE Song ends. If you must wait until after Song ends to cast something (like an AoE damage spell), you are out of luck as every instant cast item/spell will go off immediately after (so you'll have BKBs, Blink Daggers, Mantas, etc going off before you even have time to cast your second spell).

I'm not sure if the actual queuing of actions during disables is a bug or not, but it certainly should place the appropriate debuffs/buffs on the target before the queued action takes place.
    Last edited by EmblemLord; 09-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I was actually able to Shapeshift in the smoke after disruption in WC3, so this appears to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    I was actually able to Shapeshift in the smoke after disruption in WC3, so this appears to be consistent.
    Me too, I was able to Shapeshift and Rage inside Disrupt+Smoke and Disrupt+Static Storm by spamming the hero and skill hotkey.

I have the feel like this is a Warcraft 3 bug though.

If this stays as Confirmed and gets fixed, should be added to Intended Changes later.

[Confirmed] Instant spells can be cast directly after sots before area silence

Sven can use Warcry after a Song of the Siren (if clicking nonstop), standing in the Static Storm (Disruptor's ultimate was used before song end). But effects don't work and ability start cooldown. The Rage (maybe some other abilities) can be used too with all effects. For example Reverse Polarity, Global Silence and other abilities can't be used in such a way.

2013-05-04_00011.jpg
    2013-05-04_00012.jpg
    2013-05-04_00013.jpg
    Last edited by bu3ny; 10-02-2015 at 08:23 AM.