Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Illusions can't be denied

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Illusions can't be denied

Sorry if this has been posted before, but i wasn't able to find it in the common bugs list, intended fixes or using search.

In dota1, you could deny allied illusions when they had less than 50% health, While in dota2 they can not be denied when below the 50% threshold.
    (i have not tested whether they follow the requirements for denying actual heroes- they may be deniable with gale/etc on them below 25%)

Basic Member
    It doesn't sound like an engine limitation, but it does sound like a fix to me, as I don't see why you'd want to deny illusions.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    It doesn't sound like an engine limitation, but it does sound like a fix to me, as I don't see why you'd want to deny illusions.
    Shadowfiend gaining souls from them is the only reason I can think of atm. Possibly BS feast as well? Don't play him much, so not sure.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teen View Post
    Shadowfiend gaining souls from them is the only reason I can think of atm. Possibly BS feast as well? Don't play him much, so not sure.
    If you mean BS bloodbath, then no, it doesn't work with illusions.

Basic Member
    TA denying an illusion can result in fun too :P

Volunteer Moderator
    Getting rid of battlehunger. Baiting with an illusion etc. It has it's uses...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Getting rid of battlehunger. Baiting with an illusion etc. It has it's uses...
    Baiting wouldn't require you to deny the illusion would it? You're right on Battle Hunger though.

Can someone confirm?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    Baiting wouldn't require you to deny the illusion would it? You're right on Battle Hunger though.
    Making it lower hp to make it more juicy for the enemy is what I meant, but no biggy.

You can indeed deny illusions from below 50% hp as you can with normal creeps in WC3 DotA. I honestly haven't tried in Dota 2.

No you can't deny illusions and this is terrible, denying illusions = removing battle hunger from yourself.
    I once died with an illusion rune in bottle and having ~50 hp, bringing up the illusions and trying to deny them so the battle hunger buff gets removed did not work, and so I died.
    And I can confirm that illusions can NOT be denied.

Adding to sticky.

Edit: moved to main page.
    Last edited by trena99; 09-19-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.