Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] 4 Seasons of Dota 2

[SUGGESTION] 4 Seasons of Dota 2

I think it would be amazing if our map had 4 seasons of change to match the time of the year. e.g. November to Early February can be Winter map time.

Everyone is familiar with the 4 seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall/Autumn, and Winter.

During Winter there can be snow covering the map, with critters like arctic foxes, snow hares, snowy owls replacing the usual squirrels et al.

Spring can be the time of the Cherry Blossoms we see now. Fall the trees change color etc you guys are incredibly creative, just throwing in a few of my ideas.

cheers

Basic Member
    good idea +1

for competitive dota2/tournaments, the Seasons are disabled & perhaps the default "spring" can be the tournament ver. map.

Basic Member
    +1 yeh i really like, just to liven things up and change it a bit, no actual map changes, just leaf colour maybe some snow, little creatures etc. could even introduce some seasonal hero lines.

It would be quite nice, +1 D

Basic Member
    Really nice, hope tis will be implemented as soon as DotA is stable and completely ported.

Basic Member
    In DotA 1 Icefrog did make map which had Christmas/Winter atmosphere.
    (Roshan had Santa hat and when you killed him you got his santa hat..)

With the introduction of Invoker there was also a map (official.) where you could defeat a "boss" (Invoker).

There was even a minigame where you had to collect icefrogs (which were only visible with gem) and they were well hidden. When you found those icefrogs and placed them at the taverns (top left corner) Tauren Chieftan appeared. Later that hero was introduced.

Both bosses were ridiculous strong so it was a challenge..

I've been following DotA quite a while and I know Icefrog will do similiar things here. But there are lots of work to do until that time comes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    In DotA 1 Icefrog did make map which had Christmas/Winter atmosphere.
    (Roshan had Santa hat and when you killed him you got his santa hat..)

With the introduction of Invoker there was also a map (official.) where you could defeat a "boss" (Invoker).

There was even a minigame where you had to collect icefrogs (which were only visible with gem) and they were well hidden. When you found those icefrogs and placed them at the taverns (top left corner) Tauren Chieftan appeared. Later that hero was introduced.

Both bosses were ridiculous strong so it was a challenge..

I've been following DotA quite a while and I know Icefrog will do similiar things here. But there are lots of work to do until that time comes.
    Yeah i followed DotA too, even during Christmas or .x9 maps, but this time isn't suggested just some new textures or npc for a limited period, instead is proposed whole new map textures that last the whole season.

One problem: when I have summer, some other peoples have winter...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ad-M View Post
    One problem: when I have summer, some other peoples have winter...
    It could just be matched with the server's location. But who says, that the dota world has 4 seasons?